www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I throw a 172 gummy i know what it is going to do no matter what the wind is doing

Views: 3

Replies to This Discussion

I have never thrown a gummy Beast. I hear they are pretty nice.
i am partial to my 168g gummy beasts, as that was what i got my first and to date only ace with ( he states sadly ), mine has a slightly less stable flight than a regular champion beast, regardless if i throw it backhand or forehand it pretty much just goes dead nuts straight for me, which i find especially useful for tight fairway shots, i have two gummy beasts, one is my 1st ace disc, which i had to retire, as over the years i have lost some expensive and hard to replace plastic and i didn't want to loose that particular disc, the other is in my bag, the totally amazing thing about gummy plastic is that it lasts forever, i know i said that about regular champion plastic as well but its like this, i have had the same gummy beast in my bag for about five years now and it gets used atleast two rounds a week, has been bounced off literally hundreds of trees, hit the road many times and the dange thing showes absolutely no road rash, no dimpling or distortion of the flight plate etc, and it flys the same now as it did when i first got it.

innova says they only made limited runs of the gummy plastic because they had to hand trim the edge of the disc when they took it out of the mold do to the rubberyness of the plastic, personally i figure they just realized what myself and others have figured out that covet the gummy beast, and that is that it lasts forever, hence no reason to buy more......i don't know.....i am making myself nervous just talking about it, i can picture it now, it will be like that stride gum commercial, i am out on the course, i throw a monster drive with my gummy beast, when from out of nowhere comes a dog sprinting across the field, the dog grabs my disc and sprints back across the field and jumps into a waiting van with a innova logo on the side and peels off down the road, that's when the announcers voice can be heard saying - give up your old beasts we will making more !! LOL
Gummys are the bomb, and I mean that literally, they fly further faster and better than any thing else. For me its because of the feel of the plastic, its still slippery like normal champion plastic so it pops out of my hand but its sort of sticky and greasy at the same time allowing me to get crazy snap. The next best thing in my book would be the Pro Line, I have a growing collection as in last few years they are becoming very rare. To me the Pro Line plastic feels like a cross between the CE and Gummy plastic and man they like to fly, they also hold up well too.

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968