www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Since I've started (seriously) playing disc golf I haven't attended many classes. I still work out on my own but by the time I get out of class the sun has gone down and I can't get in my putting (or any other) practice.

Has anybody else experienced something similar?

Also, do you consider yourself a disc golfer who is a black belt or a black belt who is a disc golfer. I think it would be very difficult not to be biased one way or the other.

Thoughts?

Views: 3

Replies to This Discussion

well, i don't have a choice, I have to be at the karate school since it is my job...but yes, there are days when i wish i would be golfing instead of being at the school. mostly on the weekends when i know there is a tournament going on.

i consider myself a black belt in karate who happens to be a pro discer.
I guess I'm one of those lucky ones who gets to choose when I can go to class. Because my karate classes are in the evenings, and I have the luxury of being a college student with random free time in the middle of the day, I get the best of both worlds!

Most of the time if I have to make a choice to disc golf or go to class, I pick going to class (unless it's the weekend). I consider myself a martial artist who disc golfs, and I agree that the statement definitely depicts priorities and bias.
I guess I've made the switch in regard to preference. I've heard it said there is no shortage of time only a confusion of priorities. :)

I got my bell rung too many times in class I guess. Broken rib, toe, cheek bone (not at the same time). I haven't yet broken anything playing disc but sometimes I think I get just as sore the morning after a tourney!
I'd have to agree with Dion and Shannon, I am and always will be a martial artist first and a disc golfer second. Doesn't have anything to do, really, with which activity I enjoy more, but which activity has molded me as a person. 16 years of serious martial arts training/teaching has definitely helped determine who I am. Also, since I've started golfing, we've moved all of our classes to the evenings, so there's no conflict whatsoever.

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968