www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm a second degree black belt in American Kenpo Karate. I have been training for over ten years and will soon be testing for my third degree. I was a martial artist long before I was a disc golfer, and it is my true passion in life. Being a black belt has helped me learn and progress mush faster than I think I might have in disc golf. It also allows me to teach disc golf basics and fundamentals to beginners since teaching is what I do for a living.

Tags: arts, belt, black, karate, kenpo, martial

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

I have a black belt in backhand rollers, and a brown belt in forhand rollers. Unfortunately I am only a yellow belt putter, but I'm working on it...

T
I'm not sure if I'm allowed in this group. I have the goal of earning a black belt in American Kenpo. Actually, I'm not sure that I would have got into disc golf had I not heard about if from certain karate instructors:)
Torrey, no one doubts your skills as a roller; they are top notch. Your higher than a yellow belt in putting though, maybe a purple belt?

Shavonne, you can make comments on this page, but no one will take you seriously untill you earn a black belt so....just kiddin.
My son and I are new to the American Tae Kwon Do Black Belt Academy ran by Master Brian Mower (5th Dan) in Gaithersburg, MD. We may not be Black Belts yet but at least we are off the couch and working it. We love the sport of Disc golf and make our outings at Seneca Creek State Park also in Gaithersburg. Keep the Black Belt attitudes and huk plastic at metal.
I am alos in tae kwon do with ATA and mater floakas old school ran by mr. fayett. I am testing for my camo belt in 2 weeks. what belt are you testing for this cycle? I know martial arts has helped my game a great deal!
I think this group should just be called Disc Golf Martial Artists. The only one who is a black belt in this group so far is Dion. Wait, no Torrey is too, backhand rollers. I guess that's almost half of the group.
I hold a third degree in Shaolin Kung Fu and a first degree in Kajukenbo.
1st degree Tae Kwon Do here. Our school was a bit more unorthodox than most I've seen. We didn't subscribe to the ATF or WTF rules during our tournaments. It ended up blending into a Mixed Martial Arts school then into a "cage fighting" training program. That's about when I excused myself. I'm not currently active but I still practice on my own. Haven't sparred in about a year.
I'm still not really allowed to be a member of this group, but I am a little closer. Hooray for brown belt! :)
Congratulations Shannon, brown belt is a huge step. I don't know how your school works, but in Kajukenbo brown belt signifies coming back down to earth and being grounded. This also means that you get thrown to the ground about 10x as much. Enjoy the rest of your journey.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968