Some people are new to the tattoo game and have no idea what to look for when they finally get ready to get a tattoo.
Well before all, you need to have a design in mind and take your time with it. Tattoos are very permanent and they need to have some kind of meaning to you. Dont get drunk to go get one because you will end up with someone's name on you and you dont really know who it is..lol.
Anyhow, when looking for a tattoo shop, here are a few tips;
1. Go to a shop and not some dude tattooing out of his house or behind a gas station. Why? Sterilization man. If he is tattooing behind the gas station, how is he cleaning his tools?
2. Make sure they do not reuse needles. Always make sure you see the artist getting prepped for your tattoo so you can see him open the package of needles.
3. The shop looks clean. If its nasty at the front door, its probably nasty in the tattoo room.
4. Ask questions. A good artist will be glad to talk to you about the tattooing procedures and answer all of your questions.
5. Sterilization. Make sure they use an autoclave and an ultrasonic machine. Dry heat does not sterlize tools.
6. War wounds. Dude, if your artist has nasty bed sores on his arms or leaking wounds, please dont let him touch you.