www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey, I'm organizing a nation-wide disc golf magazine. We already have contributors from BC to the Maritimes, including french Canada. The publication will start off as a quarterly, will be distributed via E-mail and DG websites, but will also be printable for store, tourney, and club distribution. Contents will include player features, a canadian tour schedule, provincial disc golf developments, travel stories, event results, classifieds, etc.
We are currently looking for contributors!
If you have a story idea or a classified ad please e-mail me at matt.macdonald@shaw.ca
Also, for the first issue commercial ads are free, so if you would like to do so contact the address above.
If you would like to be added to the e-mail list to receive this publication electronically use the above address as well.
-Matt

Views: 4

Replies to This Discussion

I Like that Idea! Bryce (Hardcore Hyzer) will get involved.
I am actually not working right now and LONG AGO ~ I was a Photo Journalist.
Now my eyesight is poor- but I have a Digital Camera, that can focus for me!

I have also pursued my hobby which is Music and as luck would have it made some contacts in the music Industry.

So My IDEA is this.... To Promote the Disc Golf Sport by involving Celebrity DISC Golfers (Like those Bob Hope Classics)
Bringing Canadian Cultural icons into the sport then Writing about. Perhaps a FEW Sports Celebrities such as Hockey Icons - Canadian CFL All stars- a few Musical Talents to round things out and we are OFF to the races. So why would they be willing to DO THIS? The ANSWER is CHARITY.
They get good Press for their Charity and we Exploit their FAME to sell a few Magazines and support the SPORT.

Now if we can get some Canadian DISC manufacturer(s) to DONATE some Promotional Material to the CAUSE...
And you guys are able to deliver the advertising needed to support this project then I think you have a good chance of making it.

GLen.
Matt, awesome idea, please keep me posted and let me know if there's anything I can do to help out.

Leanne
Leanne Fulton said:
Matt, awesome idea, please keep me posted and let me know if there's anything I can do to help out.

Leanne

anything you had in mind would be awesome. it would be great to have a woman's perspective. your art would serve as nice detail as well...
i heard tell that gretzky has tried dg and the canadian "friends" guy likes playing.jason alexander?i like the celeb idea
Hey there. Still looking for contributions to the first issue (Jan 09)... Even if you have a tourney scheduled for the new year, let us know, as we're trying to compile a national tour schedule and correspondingly results.
We're also offering free ads in the first issue, both at the commercial (or club) level as well as private classifieds, so send them my way. Photos are great too, and you will receive full photo credit.
As for the celeb idea. That would make a great article. I wonder if some of the Edmonton/Rundle guys could substantiate the Gretzky rumour?
actually marty hapner's wife is friends with waynes wife and they dg'ed at some point

MTLK said:
Hey there. Still looking for contributions to the first issue (Jan 09)... Even if you have a tourney scheduled for the new year, let us know, as we're trying to compile a national tour schedule and correspondingly results.
We're also offering free ads in the first issue, both at the commercial (or club) level as well as private classifieds, so send them my way. Photos are great too, and you will receive full photo credit.
As for the celeb idea. That would make a great article. I wonder if some of the Edmonton/Rundle guys could substantiate the Gretzky rumour?

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968