www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey! what is everyone's favorite course here in Co?

Views: 10

Replies to This Discussion

I had a chance to play Cottonwoods in CO Springs. that was a fun course if you're in the North East. If you get down to the South West try the "moon scape" of Lion's Den just across the state line in Farmington, New Mexico. On your way through Durango don't forget to stop at CTA, it's a great course right next to the Animas River. Good throws-Good times
hey guys, I need some help
did they put the Aspen course in this year and just decide to not have the Kiss The Sky tourney?
I know they left the tourney course on Snowmass at 27 holes, but I'm coming up from Texas and would like to play both courses one day
any advise is appreciated
Gotta be Sundance so far. Wish I could get up there more often...
I live about a mile from Hewlett Packard's Private Course for employees, so I play there a lot. But I've also played Widefield and Cottonwood. HP's course has only two poles over 400 ft. But I have ideas about how to make some longer holes. For instance, if you are familiar with the course, I'd like to shoot for the pin for #14 from the tee pad for #13. I'd also like to tee off from #6 and throw towards either #10 or #11.Either one would be in the 550 foot range. The way this course is set up it gives you many alternatives for longer holes.
Big, Huge, elevation changes too. Expect to get creative with your shots. All in all, HP is a ton of fun and you're likely to see me out there on any given afternoon.
I havn't played many so far. Lived almost 11mths. now. I like Cottonwood, consider it my home course. I've only played Bird's Nest in Denver and wasn't really impressed with it, other then the fact that it has lots of holes.

Played Widefield, though always so close to people's backyards. Castle Rock is pretty featureless, though I like hole 12 and 16.

I'm excited to play some more in Denver, planning on going to play Badlands this weekend. Want to hit Pueblo too before I move to Denver (in Colorado Springs now). I'm not much of a judge I guess, I've only played a handful of courses here so far. Just got a newer car a month ago so that will help.
Palisade's Riverbend Park and Badlands in Federal Heights.

Honorable mention:

Beaver Ranch - Conifer
Sundance Trail - Red Feather Lakes (When it's not snowing or covered in fog).
Widefield - Colorado Springs
Yeah I played Badlands last weekend... like the course, though I never found a tee for hole 4.

I've played at Widefield once, lost a driver is somebody's backyard. It's too tight of a course for me (as far as people's backyards all the time). I also played in fall so bad combo with all the trees. I like Cottonwood, I play there every weekend, they change baskets almost daily there.

Badlands was awesome, I wasn't too impressed with Bird's Nest. I'm probably going to check out Expo Park this weekend (going to look at a apartment in almost that area, just a few miles away).

Checking out a lot of Denver courses lately... especially with us planning on moving there soon. Because my wife works in Denver and there is a lot more jobs there for me then Colorado Sorings (laid off for 6mths and counting...)
They recently moved holes, the original hole 4 was up near the fence on the west side, but the owners complained so they moved it. After hole #1 you walk down into a little "ditch" for hole #2 just southeast of the basket for #1, then Hole #3 is behind the basket and than hole 4 which used top be hole 3 is the new hole 4 is up on top of the hill, then hole 5 is on the other side.

Too bad I didn't check here sooner, I coulda tried to play a round with ya while I was in town. flying out to OKC tomorrow for business. Don't think I'll take my disc, it's suppose to be crap weather the entire week.
I'm from Denver so what is my favorite is relative. If you want to haul your ass up the mountains there are tons of fun courses that I absolutely love, but here on the front range I usually go to badlands or conifer. Both are a pretty good hike especially if you play all twenty seven holes including the Blaire Witch project section of badlands.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968