www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Howdy all, are all these courses at the Ski Resorts, real courses, ie: perm. tees, etc. or are they just, put together for the tournament type courses?? I'm new to DG so I don't know, just couldn't see cement tee pads on ski slopes! ;) Thanks for the info, it's appreciated!

B.J. (Bogeyman) Ondo
Member, Pikes Peak Flying Disc Club
Colorado Springs, CO.

Views: 9

Replies to This Discussion

It is my understanding that most are put in around Memorial Day and pulled out around Labor Day and are temporary so they don't have anchors. However I've played several for a few years and the baskets always seem to end up in the same spot so I'd call them more like permanent courses. Call ahead to the resort in question and make sure the course is installed first, we went to Aspen one year and only the front nine were in play, which was ok, we just played em twice.
Also, if you decide to save the price of the lift ticket and drive up, make sure they aren't doing any construction, we almost got stuck and had to come back down a service road that required four wheel drive and was still a little hairy, I'm just glad I drive a Jeep and the Chevy we rented in Denver was 4wd, and then we still had to wait fifteen minutes for the gate to be unlocked. It mad for some good stories, lol.
I've played the Frisco/Breckenridge, Winterpark (two courses one on the mountain and one at the YMCA), The Empire Easter Seals Course, Conifer, and Leadville. I believe the Easter Seals course is being taken out but you can contact the Badlands crew that runs the Thornton and Westminster courses to find out. The ski resort courses I permanent but contingent on the snow, they usually get the baskets up when the snow melts. Leadville is my favorite and is pretty mush permanent but unplayable due to snow issues at times, you can contact Colorado Mountain College in Leadville to ask questions (The ladies are real nice.) Conifer is also permanent and a real fun course but I'm sure there are weather issues there too. Good luck, feel free to contact me for any more questions.

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968