www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I live next to a disc golf park in Widefield Colorado, and would like to hear from golfers and park neighbors about your interactions with either group. I am a player also and would like to create groups or discussions and or programs that would help improve or stabilize those important relationships with all. As a park neighbor I would like to hear from golfers about what they'd like to see and hear from park neighbors. Let me hear all your stories. I will get in touch with the local club to see what kind of help I can get from them...

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

I'm a player and consider Widefield Park my home course, I've had nothing but good relations with home owners along the park boundry. I will NEVER climb a fence, I leave the disc go to the door afterwards and if their not home I leave a note on the door asking them, when I could recover my disc.

I think that there's a idea that the "majority" of players are with the local area club, Pikes Peak Flying Disc Club and that's basicly false. The PPFDC only has around 30 members total, the majority of Disc Golf Players are "independants", which the PPFDC has NO right to tell them what to do. I wish the park had police to enforce the rules. I also wish the El Paso County Parks Dept. would put up 8-10 ft. fence (chainlink), that would keep a lot of the newby throws out of the home owners yards.

Widefield Park is the best course in town, I'd love to see something worked up to make the homeowner's happy and keep the course, it would be a real bummer if someone PO'ed a homeowner enough to have the course closed.

B.J. Ondo
Security, CO.
Member, Pikes Peak Flying Disc Club
Thanks BJ sounds like you are a great fan of Widefield park also. It is also nice to hear that you get along with the park neighbors, maybe we could meet sometime. How do I become a member of your club, do you have a website? The fence sounds like a good idea but I'm sure costly, and neighbors like me already have a fence with a gate. I'm thinking of putting up a sign or something that would let golfers know that I am one of them. Do you have any ideas? I am a newbie to the game, maybe you could teach me a few things about the game? Let's get together sometime????
Burton
Hey Burton,
I am the president of the Pikes Peak Flying Disc Club and we do have a website, ppfdc.com. You can get information about joining there. Last year we had 60 members and hope to go over that this year. B.J. is pretty new to the sport and is very good at promoting it and getting new people to play He runs a Sunday Fun league at 11:00 at Widefield, you could join him, his wife and one or two other people there for a fun, relaxing, no pressure round.

We have done numerous things around the course to try to accomodate the neighbors, like moving tee boxes so they aim away from the fences, and putting up mandos to keep discs away from the yards, but there are still people who play who don't follow the rules or who just have a really bad shot that goes over a fence. We encourage members to consider it a lost disc if they can afford to, or go around and knock if they really have to have that disc back. I believe most of the conflict with the neighbors has been with players who are not members of the club, there are rude people in every walk of life. Hope to see you on the course sometime.
Steve
Howdy, I put in a message on your discgolfer'sRus page, with all my info. and more about the local DG Club and a site for a discussion forum for the Sunday Free/FUN League that my wife and I host for the PPFDC. Also added my cellphone number. LOL, I'm actually more of a Novice than you my friend, we didn't start playing DG till Sept. 07. We just kinda fell in love of DG as a recreational activity. Yep, let's get together and throw some plastic soon!

B.J. (Bogeyman) Ondo :)
I just met BJ and Jo and their friend Kevin, this morning out on the course. Yes BJ is a good promotor of your club, infact he gave me a memberhip form, coincidently I filled one out this morning and am sending it to you. I am going to try to come to the meeting on the 24th, and introduce myself to your group. I am also thinking of helping you out with the course, in case there is anything I can do...See you at the meeting..
Burton

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968