www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I got some great stories and awesome memories from cooking food at tournaments I`d like to share here, but 1st I`d like to hear some other stories of the adventures and misadventures of tournament cooking. You ever cook for an event or provide food for a tournament? Let us hear about it!

Tags: Cooking, Food, tournament director, tournaments

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

We always made sure to cook sausage, peppers and onions at the Canyon, just like at the carnival, except that we used the best ingredients we could find and seasoned it up nice. Fresh buns, sweet onions and tri-color peppers, along with Premium Publix Sausage made it hard not to eat 4 or 5 of these sandwiches throughout the day.
Attachments:
The ingredients cost twice as much, but they always sold out. So we would also make Nathan`s hot dogs with New York Onion Sauce. It was hard to say which was better. If you`ve never had high quality hot dogs with New york Onion Sauce, you need to track down the recipe and try it.

Most people I talk don`t even like hot dogs anymore. Well, if your eating Oscar Myer, of course you don`t! When they try these, it changes their opinion. When you try a great hot dog with the right sauce, you will want more than one.
Attachments:
All together we`ve cooked for about 20 tournaments and quite few disc golf related gatherings. You don`t have much time to eat out there but events are much more memorable with good food IMHO! We`re having Sausage, Peppers and Onions in about a half hour now, LOL!
Attachments:

I only cook for myself and a few friends at tourneys. I carry a small grill in my trunk. Cook up some brats, burgers, chicken. What ever i can find in the freezer at home.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968