www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Wondering what needs to be done at CG? Want to know what got done? Let's start a list for both right here. Tom - can you chime in?

Today I dug holes for basket sleeves at 2, 3, 5, 8. One at each hole. I could have used a rock bar, so if you're going to dig you probably want one.

Views: 12

Replies to This Discussion

I'll be there Wednesday with wheel barrow and shovels. Weed eater just in case. I also want to here how he got his nick name.
I cut blackberries on holes 6-9, but still needs more grooming. I'll try to be out there Tues. and Wed. with wheelbarrow to haul bark and/or gravel. Any time I do something, I'll post it, so anyone can see where they can help. I think this was a great idea Tom, Thanks for your dedication!
Ok... One time we were camping out at whislers and good ol benostch was hunkered down over his skillet of breakfast, and I watched him proceed to eat a whole stick of butter.. he was sure nobody could see him,.. ha.. none of us said anything cause we didn't believe it was real. Sure enough, matt is a butter eating machine. he says he eats at least 5 raw sticks a month. Like a banana, he just peels the wrapper back.. and chomp chomp.. crazy huh! So.. from that day forward he is "butter smooth" either that or he has a smooth pull.
I went out this morning and the gate was locked, so I couldn't haul any bark of gravel. I did climb over and leveled tee pads on 1 and 2 tees, and dug pin placements for 1 short, 3 long, both locations on 4, 16 short, and both placements for 18, so it wasn't a total loss. See you all on one of the work parties!
___Tab
Got some good stuff that happened today. Forest did some clearing of blackberrys on hole 14 behind long pin, it looks alot better. Eric showed up with a super sick bobcat with tracks, and we elevated the tee pad for hole #6, spread out all the bark that was dumped on hole #5 on the birm (I raked for quite a while, it still needs some more raking so its smoothed out all the way) and he went crazy on hole 16 scraping out all the blackberrys for hallway through the wall of trees. A massive amount of work was done. THANKS ERIC, YOU ARE THE MAN.
I've already dug some of the pin placements mentioned, but I'll be out to do more today. Also I'm bringing a wheelbarrow the haul gravel. I'll try to bring some help with, see y'all out there. This course is rockin' so far!
___Tab
Today I brought a sweet bench for hole 1 that Trevin and I built, spread a truckload of bark mulch around the bench area and spread big crushed gravel around the tee pad. There seems to big different ideas on whether or not we want crushed gravel around the edges of the pads. I think it works great like out at Dexter and over time get as hard as cement, but if we don't want it that's cool with me. Teepads look great. Good job concrete crew!!!!! Thanks again Scooter
I think you got the right idea Adam, pads look good, the gravel would be more stable over time, plus gravel will drain water better than bark. We'll need brooms on the tee pads to keep them clean. The bench looks awesome. Does anyone know if there will be a putting basket. I was thinking that was what the flag was for, but I wanted to make sure. Also, even though it's maybe a little premature, I know there are a lot of things need done to make the course playable first, are we going to have signs and maps for people who do not know the layout. It's coming together nicely, thanks to all who are helping, can't wait to be able to play it. See you guys at one of the work parties!
___Tab
To Tom and all the crew that has been working at the new Course.

You have all impressed the hell out of me. There is a lot of hell in me, so that is saying a lot. Thank you, thank you. The list of remaining work on Phase One is a great idea. I have been making a list for Phase Two and look forward to the first Club Meeting to gather more ideas. When is the pour on the remaining teepads scheduled? When and where should we have the first Club Meeting?
I continued reading and found out that the next pour for teepads is the 7th, probably at 10 am like last time. Will see you this Sat. too.
bench looks shweet.. you guys rock!
I didn't manage to get too much done today because I had my two year old daughter with me, but we did pick up a bag of trash and take some digital photos of the holes which eventually I will get to the club. We also started filling in the awesome USDGC style elevated pin with concrete rubble from nearby. Thanks to Tom, Wilbur and Donovan for making that happen. It is going to be awesome! I will be back out next week to continue filling it in. I am so tempted to play from teepad 1 to basket 2 and call it a par 4 Oakway style. The amount of work that has been done out there is amazing. Great job guys.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968