www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Wondering what needs to be done at CG? Want to know what got done? Let's start a list for both right here. Tom - can you chime in?

Today I dug holes for basket sleeves at 2, 3, 5, 8. One at each hole. I could have used a rock bar, so if you're going to dig you probably want one.

Views: 15

Replies to This Discussion

Wow! What a day Friday was. Thank you so much to everybody. We poured 8 more extra grippy teepads and poured sleeves for a whole bunch of pins. What a great showing of disc golf community. Also a big thank you to Ralph Huntoon for fabricating some beautiful sleeves for the baskets and of course the Eugene Disc Golf Club for lending 19 first class baskets. Great things happen when people come together. I think we witnessed a new Disc Golf Course being born. What a great feeling!!!!!!!
There are a couple of sleeves, holes 10 and 11, that need installed. I'll try to make it out to pull forms later today, maybe? We still need to add gravel around the tee pads after that's done, but I don't have a truck to haul it back. Maybe I can hook up with Forest or Tom and see if we can get it done. Wondering if we're going to install baskets today, I'm getting excited to see how this thing plays. It's looking great, so far. Someone post, or call if there is anything else we need done right away. My cell # is 541-543-5860
___Tab

Which way to a United Disc Golf Club?
Hey all, I poured the pin position for hole 11 long that we left out, also, I poured 18 long. So, we will only need one temporary basket. for 17. I don't think I am going to be able to be at the work party on Friday. I have to work. I might try to be there at like 2-3 ish.. So, if somebody has a pickup they could bring to haul around some gravel, that would be awesome. Or, if someone wanted to buy a yard of gravel, have it dumped into their 4x4 that would be pretty nice too. Just throwing that out there.
Hey, I want to help on friday. I'm down to go anytime, just need a ride from eugene. I can meet at westy, my number is 541-231-3003. Thanks y'all
I am bringing a load of gravel in a half ton and plan to focus on the front and back of the tees with this load. Just to make the safe for tomorrow. I will be there around noon. I will have a wheel barrow that others can use to haul bark for trails,
Hey Gavin,
Thanks for your offer to help. There is lots of work to do and still will be tons to do after the tourney. Plenty of opportunities to put your name on the course. Unfortunately I can't make it down friday, but I do go down a lot and am familiar with the course and what needs doing. Next time I'm headed down I'll give you a call and we can haul a truckload of bark mulch or gravel and after wards play some golf. Keep up the positive attittude. Disc golf courses don't build themselves.

Thanks,
Adam
343-2957

Next Tee sign for hole one long pin at Da Grover
SWEET!!! Keep 'em coming,
___Tab
Great day at Dexter on Sunday. Thanks to Ezra for running the dubs. Props to Greg Meyers for representing. Worked on another Next Tee sign after Monday Night Football. Carpentry can actually be fun if your not doing it for eight hours a day. There's a styly old sign makers trick for people like me who don't like to paint. Peace

Today I removed the pile of dirt that was on the right side of 11 teepad. It was really messing with my walk-up. We dropped of a trash can for 11 too. I hauled away a lot of the plastic and lumber that was leftover from the concrete pour. I would of gotten rid of it all, but I was in a Subaru not my truck. My plan is to stash enough form wood in the bushes to eventually pour 17 and 18. The rest of it will either get dumped in the pit or salvaged for benches if it's pretty clean. If anybody has a different idea please jump in, otherwise next time I'm down with my truck I'll haul it off.

I hauled off the pile of form wood and plastic near hole 5. A lot of the 2 x 4's are fairly clean and if labors cheap could be made into some benches. I'm not feeling it right now, but if somebody else is let me know. I also hauled a lot of big trash into the pit. Theres some nasty stuff out there. I got the infamous lego's on hole 16. I also got a start on the brush pile in front of basket 9. The city is supposed to pick it up, but it really messes with the hole. I stashed enough form wood in the bushes between teepad 8 and basket 9 to eventually pour teepads 17 and 18. Tom Chrestman has the final say on the location of these pads and basket 17. He is very open to the suggestions of people who have post hole diggers and concrete finishing tools in their hands. This will happen when the energy and money to do it start to bubble up again. The fact that it's 10 degrees outside isn't helping the pot bubble. Also the fairway for hole 18 is a mud pit. The concrete for the pads will cost roughly $50-$75 a pad. I am available to form up the pads and finish the concrete with some prior notice. Anyone who can contribute time or money to this project will make it happen that much faster.
Lovin the trash cans Scooter!!!
Go Ducks

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968