www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey Now,

Hi there my name is Johnny M and I'm a GratefulDeadaholic. I just love this band, The People, The Sounds, The Smells ( sometimes Bad too), The Vibes.You get the picture.

My first Dead Experience was back on 07/04/86 at Rich Stadium in Buffalo, NY. The Grateful Dead were the opening band followed by Bob Dylan And then Tom Petty !!
Needless to say after that show I was hooked for life. The sweet guitar lick's from Jerry were just down right incredible and that Guy playin Bass...Phil Lesh...My god it sounded like thunder at times. !!!

Now 38 Grateful Dead Shows and 3 Jerry Garcia Shows later I still crave the live concert experience like a Grateful Dead Show. I have seen Phil Lesh & Friends recently and was just floored at his leadership skills and his vocals were remarkably strong and forcefull. We will survive !!!

Thank you for a real good time,
Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine.

Peace,
Gr8ful John

Views: 45

Replies to This Discussion

The trails started New Haven Ct. I was never the same after that. Tracking their tours, arranging transportation,endless cheap hotels.I had the most fun times of my life!
GratefulDead is different from popularity in the United States and I think it is big too much in Japan.
However, there are a lot of madly devoted fans.
I also receive their music feeling in the locale was received when listening to live though it was not too much because of having listened.
After all, they never came to Japan.
That was a very regrettable thing.
I like guitar of Jerry Gracia very much.
Bucci
hey now,the bus stopped in Jersey/NY around '69-70 and was able to find a seat.Rest is all history,always Grateful.Peace
My first Grateful Dead experience was nuts. I have always listened with my Dad since I was little. But a couple summers ago I went down to Garrettsville, Ohio to a campground called Nelson Ledges Quarry Park for a Grateful Dead Tribute weekend. It was insane. Loved meeting all the Deadheads and camping out listening to awesome bands play cover after cover. One of the best weekends of my life.
first show was Buckeye Lake 92, and for the short time after that, i managed to catch 25 Dead shows and 2 JGB. the whole experience changed my life. i'm still to this day live my life according to all things-Dead. i don't go and see as many shows as i used to, mostly cuz my family has grown so much, but we do see some quality shows now and again.

My first show was October 19, 1973, the show that was released as Dick's Picks #19. We got there early and the crew was loading in the Wall of Sound and setting up the stage. We came in through the load-in area and sat around watching them get things ready. The Dead came out and did a lengthy sound check with a bunch of us sitting on the floor in front of the stage. After the sound check, we were all kicked out until the doors opened and we came back in after handing over our tickets. It was an incredible show. Dark Star with Mind Left Body Jam. "The bus came by and I got on."

I never saw the Dead. Their music and disc golf has been getting me through these days with a smile on my face. I'm going to see Mickey Hart, 7 Walkers, Bruce Hornsby, and Keith and Donna's son, Zion in a couple weeks at Hoxeyville. There will be a solar disc golf course set up there. A lil' slice of heaven. I'm in Michigan, avidly throwing the plastic. Glad to be a part of the group. Message me if you're in the area and want to toss a round with me.

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968