www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

TitleDISC Squite Shoot
Key InfoMar 29 2009
Mesquite, TX
Come shoot some squite!

The City of Mesquite has invited us back again!

Given the success of the Mesquite Open last year, we are going to use the same format for this tournament. BYOP Flex-start Doubles all day on Saturday, then the 2-round C-tier event on Sunday. 21 holes of Paschal Park goodness, including the popular alternate holes and the championship tees for Pro and Advanced divisions!

Sponsorship opportunities are available as usual - contact josh@titledisc.com if you're interested in advertising through this tournament

Get signed up early! This event should fill well in advance, as we can only hold 105 players. Rec Men will be limited to 30 players, and we will have 10 spots guaranteed for Open, until the day before the event. If Open spots are still available on Saturday the 28th, we will start letting people in off of the waiting list.

We will have our huge stock of awesome TitleDISC gear. With more molds from more brands of plastic than ever before, we will have something for everyone. Be sure to check us out, even if you can't spend all day!

**NOTE** Rec Men has been capped at 30 players, and is now full. There is still plenty of room left in the other divisions!

Views: 43

Replies to This Discussion

ASNT 2009 Spring Classic Charity Disc Golf Tournament presented by Little Guys Movers
Key InfoApr 18 2009
Denton, TX

Click here for Pre-registration list

You must create an account or Log in to register for this event

Description
Throw some discs, help some people, and win the big one.

Come join us at lovely North Lakes Disc Golf course in Denton, Texas for a day of disc and fun! All players receive an official tournament disc and your wristband gets you into the afterparty for food, refreshments, and live music!

We are focusing on putting on a tournament conducive to a high level of play while retaining a fun, relaxed atmosphere that player and spectators alike will enjoy. We will have amateur and competitive-level divisions to accomodate all player levels.

All proceeds benefit the clients of AIDS Services of North Texas, a non-profit organization providing health and social services to low-income HIV+ residents of North Texas. Our special thanks to Little Guys Movers for so graciously agreeing to be the presenting sponsor.

Come support a good cause, have a good time, and win the big one!
Lone Star Amateur Championships
Key InfoApr 18 2009 - Apr 19 2009
Crowley, TX

Description
This is the first year of what we think will be one the BEST Amateur events in the region. Register early and secure your spot. This event will be capped at 120 players!

This event is offering 3 divisions for Amateur Men Only. The Divisions will be Advanced, Intermediate and Recreational ONLY!! No age protected or gender divisions will be offered. You will be invited to play in the division you rating allows.

Registration is $50.00 per player regardless of division. An optional Ace pot will be offered for an additional $5.00.

All players will receive as part of their entry a Tournament T-Shirt and 3 Tournament Stamped Discs. Lunch will also be provided each day at the course FREE for each participant. That is a $55.00 value for each player just for registering!! Everybody wins!!!

This is also a Southern National Qualifier and a B Tier for the PDGA.

Some Pro Caddies might be available for certain rounds.

Directions: From Loop I-820 and I-35W south to exit 39 FM 1187/Crowley Renden Rd. Go west to 1st bridge, then follow W. Main St. 1 mile to a right on Prairieview Rd. Go north to a right at 1st cross street into parking lot. 1st tee to right of rest room.

Saturday April 18 - 2 rounds of 24 holes for all players.
Sunday April 19 - 1 round of 24 holes for all players.

Top 5 players (best overall scores) regardless of registered division will play a 6 Hole Skins Match for a CASH PRIZE!!
The 2nd Annual TitleDISC Open
Key InfoApr 26 2009
Rockwall, TX

A PDGA-Sanctioned B-Tier Party!

We are proud to announce the 2nd Annual TitleDISC Open!

We are holding this event at Harry Myers Park just like last year, but we have made one huge change: it's now in April! Last year everyone had a blast but the heat and chiggers got to some folks. Moving it up 6 weeks will hopefully alleviate most of those two environmental issues.

We're sticking with the very popular one-day-on-Sunday format, with flex-start doubles all day on Saturday. This gives everyone a chance to come experience Rockwall Disc Golf!

Both events will feature the modified 20-hole layout, including the now-infamous island hole. That means we absolutely cannot hold more than 100 players. This tournament filled *two weeks* in advance last year, so sign up ASAP to ensure your spot!

10 spots guaranteed for Open, and no field will be allowed to get larger than 25 players. We want every division to have a chance at a hefty turnout, so if we get to 25 in one division, it will be closed. Absolutely no registrations will be taken the morning of this event, so even if we don't sell out early, the players list will be set as of Saturday night, 4/25.

Get signed up today!
--Saturday 4/25--
8:30-6:00 flex-start BYOP doubles
Last-minute registration, if spots are still available

--Sunday 4/26--
9:00am Players Meeting
9:30am Round 1 tee-off
TBD Lunch
TBD Round 2
TBD Awards
3rd Annual Play It Again Sports Open
Key InfoJun 13 2009 - Jun 14 2009
Crowley, TX

Men's Open Division Winner Guaranteed at least $1,500.00

The Play It Again Sports Open is now in its 3rd year. The first 2 paid the Open winner $1,000. This year will prove to be more. More Cash, more fun and lots of great golf.

In 2007, this tournaments first year, it filled to capacity (130 players) 1 week prior to the event. The second year it filled (160 players) 2 weeks prior to the event. Now it's 2009, we are once again increasing the capacity (175 players) to allow some of those that could not get in last year the opportunity to play. Don't miss your chance to get in!! Register early and secure your spot in one event that is fast become a premier for Central Texas Disc Golf.

Directions: From Loop I-820 and I-35W south to exit 39 FM 1187/Crowley Renden Rd. Go west to 1st bridge, then follow W. Main St. 1 mile to a right on Prairieview Rd. Go north to a right at 1st cross street into parking lot. 1st tee to right of rest room.
Here's what I got coming up:

4/18 - Denton; non PDGA

4/18-19 - Crowley; B Tier PDGA AM Only

4/26 - Rockwall; B Tier PDGA

5/2-3 - Athens: C Tier PDGA

5/9 - Lewisville; B Tier PDGA

6/13-14 - Crowley; B Tier PDGA

after that, it starts getting too hot...
The C-Tier in Athens, The Paul Giles Memorial, is being run by Jerry Power this year (in years past it has been run by Maceman and Brian James). You can register online at TitleDisc.com - If you go to the discussion on pdga.com or the discussion on the TitleDisc site, you can find info on hotels etc. The Athens guys (and I) have decided to increase the tournament ace pot by at least $100 from our own ace pot funds. There are still plenty of open spots so sign up and we'll see you there! We would like a lot of people to attend, as the more players attend the more benefit money we can give to this year's recipient (who has been on the discgolf scene for at least 20 years). We will also be holding a silent auction for any who attend as well. Please everyone attend that can! Hope to see you at the Giles - and bring all the lady golfers you can!
I had an errand to run in the Mid Cities last Saturday, so I thought I would take advantage of being over there to play some courses I could add to my courses played list. I, by my own definition, have never seen a bad DG course, but these were kinda sad:

Tom and Sue Brown Park, NRH: 6 short holes. Took a Roc, Aviar and a putter, and felt like I was carrying too many discs. Nice neighborhood though.

Haslet Community Park: A new course, put in what probably used to be a pasture. It has Houck signs, but I doubt he designed it. Each of the 9 holes had three tees, with the two alternates stacked about 30 and 60ft directly behind the concrete tee. On holes 6-8, the last tee sign was, I kid you not, about 2 disc lengths away from a barbed wire fence. Talk about a short runup.

Last stop was Willow Creek Park in Saginaw(?) 9 holes again; well actually 7 since #1 and #9 were missing. #2 basket was in the only place in the park that had an open area of standing water. Good thinking there. Had to tread lightly through a marsh to play the rest of the course.

Needless to say, I won't be back to those courses. I still need to hit Greenbrier (18 holes now right?), Eagle Ranch (just to say I have done it), Crowley and Weatherford, and that will about wrap me up for all the courses in the Metroplex, since I played Mtn Creek in GP a couple of weeks ago, as well as Gateway.

I saw on DGcoursereview.com that someone posted info about a 9 hole object course in NW Plano. It's not listed on the PDGA website, so does it count as a course?

Finally, does anyone know of any small courses that have been put in Tarrant county recently that isn't on the above list?
Haslet was put in by some guy with the city, and yes he refused help of any kind. Saginaw is really no better. I can't say anything about Tom and Sue Brown as I haven't even bothered with it.
I haven't managed to get out to Greenbriar but I've heard nothing but good things, and "watch the water" holes.
Crowley is another course that is a must play in my opinion, Brice and his crew keep this park very nice.
As far as Weatherford, please let me know when you head out there and I'll try to meet you for a round.
I hope you all can make it to Athens next weekend for the Paul Giles memorial. The ace pot will start at $150 - thats before anyone puts in on it...We are also having custom made trophies created by Madix in Terrell (they make metal store fixtures) which will be powder coated in Gold, Silver, & Bronze and be 8" discs. There will be a silent auction with some great items up for grabs too (such as a used but in decent condition 1983 KittyHawk Hooker donated by Lew Satterfield). I have also heard a rumor that $100 will be buried somewhere on the course for someone who is not from Athens or Tyler to find (our TD was very strict that we from the area not be allowed to participate in the buried money contest). Please know that every person that plays will be helping out a discgolfer in need just by the act of playing in our tournament. So please, come out, play, and have a great time in Athens.

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968