www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Question... when you are creating a hotstamp for a disc what program have you found the works the best. I know that illustrator is the program of choice for vector art, however i have found that i work much better in the adobe/macromedia flash environment... and then export as an .ai file. I run into issues quite often with this process but i can usually get it worked out after time.

I do use illustrator for text, especially along a path.

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

vector is vecotor it dosent mater what program you use (honestly i cant imagine useing flash over illustrator for still vector work kind of funny when i do flash i make all my symbols in illustrator i do as little drawing as possible in flash)

anyway just export the file out to a format that the people that are hot stamping your discs have. so contact innova or discraft and find out what formate they can use. i know Innova has illustrator and photoshop cuz i have sent them both ai files and psd files.... and i think dga use a png file i sent them..... if you send them non-vector(raster) art make sure you keep the resolution high (like 300+) so as to keep detail tight.....
Yea, i am completely opposite than you. I don as much in flash before i export to illustrator. I spend the majority of my day job programing in flash for distance learning. I have created designs for innova, discraft and gateway... that pretty up sums up my print experience.

I think my weakness lies in that i don't have complete control of the pen tool so i avoid it at all costs. I have found illustrators pen tool is considerably easier to use than flashes.

If you want use the wacom tablet do you still use illustrator?
i do but i am pretty handy with the wacom.... for vector work tho the mouse is just fine
Illustrator cs3 is awesome. (live trace) I work at a sign company so I am very fluent in a program called Omega. It is made by Gerber Scientific Products. (Scan to Vector) It also contians a seperate engine that sends the vector lines to my viny plotter or printer. Both have pros & cons. I designed the discs for Region 7 2006 and Innove accepted illustrator for the hot stamps.
hey team suleser how much dose it cost to get the little transparent stickers made to put on car windows??
I need to know size and by saying transparent do you mean printed on a clear square decal or no "suare" just the decal by itself. I also need a quantity. Whatever it is that you need I'm sure I can help you out or have a good source. You can call me at work if you want to discuss this further. 406.656.6165 ask for Andy I work 8-5 Mountain time.
the clear square is fine and i am looking for like 25, 50 to 100 depending on price just somthing to hand out untill i can make me some shirts..... pluss i wnat one for my car
size & single color or full color on clear.. can you send me the design so i know what i am getting in to. all in all sounds like a easy thing for me to produce for you. btw today is our ice bowl looks like billings montana will be about 60 degrees hopefully a good turnout more like a melted ice bowl. god i love global warming!

somthing like that i would thinking bumbersticker size the round one could probl be like on a 4 X 4 square?? or 6 X 6 square

i actually have a new version of the top one but it is basicly the same
it would be much easier to print on a white background if we print on clear the price goes up because the vinyl is more expensive. If we printed on a less expensive white 4ml vinyl at a small quantity you are looking at about $25 for (20 ) 3"x9" for the top design and $27 for (36) in a 4" circle. plus shipping. when the quantity goes up the cost per each goes down.
great designs!
i want clear how much more is it for clear
$35 for (20 ) 3"x9" for the top design and $37 for (36) in a 4" circle. plus shipping.
It dosen't go up much. Another thing to think about is at a distance windows look black. Putting a clear decal on the window sometimes gets lost unless you print white on clear . That would be the same price.

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968