www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I was going for a springish look not sure if i captured the essence of spring.

Views: 1

Replies to This Discussion

feels like sping to me. how about sending some to Michigan ?
I think it turned out pretty wicked. Spring in Omaha looks alot nicer than in Wisconsin. Our spring flyers need more mud, dirty snow, 4 inch deep puddles, and more mud.
lol that is spring in Nebraska also..... the poster is a damn lie! ehhe
Very Colorful. I like it. I really like what you did with the sun rays and the lighter blue swirls in the sky. It gives it nice movement. Some artist critiques to throw at ya ( a few never hurt..they only make you better ). I think it'd be funnier if it said.. " No Birdies or Butterflies were harmed in the making of this flyer". Also the top of the disc golf basket looks a little off. I only say that because the basket is going at a different perspective than the top portion. I'd also make the Omaha Disc Golf Club logo pop a little more. It's round like the color circles you have going so It could be enlarged to the size of one of those. It seems like that would be an important part of the flyer to represent the club putting on the event. I like how you emphasized the women and chose pink to make that stand out. I'm sure that will be greatly appreciated.

Keep up the great work man. !!! You're stuff is always a joy to look at.

-Mike Inscho
thatks for the input. you are right the ODGC logo kind of gets lost. I think the basket thing is a trick of the eye. I modeld a basket in lightwave 3D and simply rendered it out in from every possible angle i could think of. when i "black" or in this case red them out i have had people tell me that before. "hey i cant tell witch way the basket is going" to me it looks correct.. thanks again for the critique. I was kind of going for a flyer that did not look like any Disc Golf Tourney flyer that i had ever seen. I also wanted to captured the idea of spring...
The flyer looks really good. I'm surprised that you didn't put bunnies hopping along the bottom... lol. Do you use lightwave a lot? I know Maya pretty good and now in the process of learning where the tools are in Max.
here is the hot stamp going on discraft this year (not sure what molds)
basicaly I am self taught lightwave3D hack... i can make stuff but as for animating the chains (like real chains) i have nary a clue!!!

Use Illustrator for the chains.. In fact you can draw out the first few links and then make it a brush, The just use the path tool to make the overall curvature of the chains. To give it that look of perspective use Illustrator's 3D perspective options found in effects
I really like the Hot Stamp. I am working on one myself actually.
i know how to make chains in Illustrator/photoshop. I dont know how to animate them in Lightwave.

Hot stamps are fun

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968