www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'd like to hear your stories, ideas, comments, etc. Share some design ideas, whatever. There's a nice thread on the PDGA discussion board, too, but I think this would be a good place to talk about sandtraps, too.

Views: 5

Replies to This Discussion

I'd like to see sand around the base of some baskets to prevent the rollers. Nothing irks me like watching a shot drop near a basket and then roll 20 feet away.

Sandtraps seem to help discs, unless your trying to skip or roll the disc. I guess it all depends on the placement and size of the trap.
Yeah, I hate to see a disc gently fall from the basket and then roll away. I think designers should always be aware of that possibility. I guess it can be diminished (basket in a depression), or heightened (basket on a slope), or whatever.

The thread on the PDGA board, well, the part that i liked, talked about using bunkers as casual relief, with line of play rule dictating that the next throw (no penalty stroke) be taken out of the bunker, in the first in-bounds area that you come to as you walk that line away from the basket.

I'd love to know where some courses are that have CR with LOP relief in effect. Is it on course signage? What tourneys have used it? Stuff like that. Seems like a great way to modify a hole that might be too simple or wide-open. What do you think?

I was drawing some hole ideas when the power was out thanks to Ike... I'll scan-n-upload later.

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968