www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

any old paratroopers besides me still trying to throw disks and keep up with the youngsters.if so drop me a line an give me some pointers ,im in my 50s so remember,i may not go as fast but ill sure go far.baggin bill

Views: 2

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Bill! I wasn't a paratrooper, but I was a parachute rigger. 1976-1980, Navy, VA-83 Rampagers, USS Forrestal, stationed NAS Cecil Field FLA. Folded a lot of chutes in 4 years, some jump chutes, but mostly ballistic.

I did jump training at Lakehurst NJ.

I'll be turning 50, July 4th 2008.

I played my first round of disc golf while on leave in San Diego back in '78, Balboa Park.
howdy john,i spent 12 years in the army,most with the 82nd abn div.a very varied experance,infantry, weapons tester,track commander in a meck unit,crosstrained as a medicsurvived a bad parachute accident,went right back to jumping lol no brains i guess.morley field is my home course,ya should come back to san diego we have a few nice courses.
How's it going, I was in the 82nd from 2002-2006. That is where I picked up disc golf during my deployments. I have only 35 jumps because of all my deployments, but it was enough to get my jump master wings. I'm a second generation jump master in my family. I just started throwing in the 400ft range the last two months and its been primarily do to proper disc selection in the proper environment, i.e. wind and elevation. Another key tip has been holding onto the disc with the four finger power grip and letting the disc rip out of my hands. At first you should pull alot of throws, but evently you should start throwing farther and possibly get some snap. Remember to let it rip out and don't let go. John
ill try that 4 finger grip.my left leg has had 4 major surgerys,so im pretty unsteady on the pad,but ill give it a shot.thanks baggin bill
I am 41........I was in the 519th Military Intelligence Battalion on Fort Bragg from 93-99. I went to Haiti, Bosnia, and was attached to Secret Service while in DC for the Armed Forces Inaugural Committee for the 96 presidency.

519th is an Airborne Tactical Exploitation unit that fields Counter Intelligence agents, Interrogators, Electronic Warfare, and LRS entities.

I live in Cary NC near Raleigh.

Tell me more about yourself.

Have a good one,

JMP III
Practice practice practice that is how you get your drives farther.
I have a open field by my house so I take my driving disks and practice. I just aim center mass off the field and let it go. If you pull a few oh well. Then I go pick them all up and throw the other direction back to start point. A round of Eighteen holes of disc golf can take 1 to 2 hours. This takes about a half of a hour or so. I have a total of 6 drivers (three of the exact type and weight of my primary driver), so when I do these 2 sets of going cross field I have made 24 drives. It also lets you see the way different drivers fly. You also see the effects of the different wind direction.

SFC BRB
1st Group
Ft Bragg NC 1990-1992
Bill,

what up my fellow RIGGER......I said RIGGER.......I was a rigger in the USMC from 96-2000....over 300 jumps.....freefall, static-line, fixed wing, chopper, door, ramp, hell hole.....you name it we did it.......2nd LSB and 2nd RECON.......Man I miss jumping sometimes.......but not packing till the wee hours of the morning.....in the Marines we didn't have any of that 25 chutes a day crap like the ARMY we just had to pack till they were done!

Semper Fi---------Happy Birthday all you Jarheads----------233 this year...last night was ROUGH!!!! OOHHHRAHHH
I served with the 82nd, 2/508th Inf. '74 to '78. That's where I started throwing discs to kill a little time. All the way and then some! 40 military jumps and 695 sport jumps.

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968