www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

where were you when 911 happened? I know I was painting a warehouse on a 30ft scaffel listening to howard stern......a few months later I was in Iraq for the Initial march with the 101st field artillery!!!!!!!. I have a story for everyday for the rest of my life. Any active duty Army out there?

Views: 14

Replies to This Discussion

I was doing the crucible at Parris Island, SC. Our platoon thought it was a joke. A couple of members of our platoon had to be sent home because they had immediate family working out of Manhattan.
Remember the day so well, I was doing a "trash pick up" run at the Apartment complex I worked at, my Mom was the manager and came flying out the door, telling me they hit the tower in NY. Then we gasped out loud as they told us the Pentagon had been hit. My youngest brother, Jerry is a Major in the USAF and was stationed in the Pentagon. He told us if the plane would have vered 5 degree's to the left, it would have hit his section of the building directly!!!

He told us stories of the "recovery" process and loading amblances, ect. in those first unbeleivable hours! 9-11 never forget!!

B.J. Ondo (USAF/USN: 1973-1979)
Colorado Member of the "National" Patriot Guard Riders
In the chow hall, watching the TV. Pendelton. Ready to go in hours... No go for two months after that....
I was del.a motercyle to somebody on long island the day before. I stayed the night in Jerrcy.I was in thr parking lot saw the first plane hit.Thene i got in the truck and went west til i got home.Gave my wife and kids ahug!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968