www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I think it would be incredibly interesting to have a group of people regularly writing about their experiences in the disc golf world. It is obvious that we have something incredibly unique growing very fast here. There are really no web portals online that are focused on a worldwide audience. Many local clubs have their own web portal style sites with a variety of features available for anybody to use, but our national organization (the PDGA) doesn't have it, and nobody else seems to be providing it.

Until now.

We have people from all experience levels here. We have pros, we have grandmasters, we have women, we have rising amateurs... And we undoubtedly have a large pool of good to excellent writers as well. I'd love to see a variety of people writing about life as disc golf obsessed folk... what it is like going to a massive NT event as a touring pro, what it is like winning your first tournament, among many other things!

I know I'll be writing. I'd love to see a lot more people doing the same!

-Chris.

Tags: Disc, Golf, PDGA, blog, life, writing

Views: 2

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with most of what you wrote, Woj. I do have my own disc golf blog here, but I will probably start cross-posting in this space as well. Good idea!

P.S. If you are interested, you can follow Sheila and I as we plan for and then take a month-long trip to China later this winter.
Sounds great, Terry. If this place keeps growing I'm sure I'll be blogging plenty about my trip to Toledo, Spain for a month in July. I'm already in contact with the few guys in Madrid that play. No courses, but it'd be nice to bring a little more knowledge of the sport with me...

I think we definitely need to take advantage of this space, even if it means a little double-postin' across blogs. :o)
I'll been known to blog a little myself, although no ones has ever called me egotistical in their comments. (Just kidding Chris. Yours was a good blog and the neg comments were uncalled for, nice to see it's not stopping you.)
My writings tend to be on the sarcastic but hopefully humorous side. Mostly wih myself as the butt of the joke. I do poke fun at friends and family, but they expect it. If you can't make fun of yourself first, you have no right to make fun of anyone else.

What would be nice would be a tabbed page to submitted blogs. Terry! You out there?

My only concern would be editing, I'm 120% for free speech but....I would fully support the censoring of any blog, post, etc that is a vicious attack on anyone else.
I definitely AM egotistical, but yeah, in that thread I didn't think I deserved it. He should have waited for a post where I showed it, instead of jumping the gun! ;o) Haha
So how are we going to go about this? Start a new discussion for blogs here or keep our own blog space somewhere else?

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968