www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

100g Innova ROC.
Hard to find but perfect for my four year old son.

Views: 3

Replies to This Discussion

Try an xd?
Hey Mark, did I give you one of the EDGE Sharks for your son? They are great neautral discs for kids, especially the light ones, which are around 100-110g. Don't even think about giving him a driver to throw, at least until he is throwing a light midrange 80-100 ft.
My daughter(16) mainly uses a 146 Roc and Leopard. My son(13) just started throwing a 170 SS Avenger and he loves it.
A stratus is a good starter disc too.
My son started with an xd, for everything. Then to a cobra,
Now he puts with a pro-line stable classic roc...
Uses everything else now....
Its a gradual growth thing.
A 150g Polecat with a custom "Best of the Best" cute "some kind of baby wild cat" tourney stamp from the rental bin at Morley was perfect for my daughter Megan when when she was 6. She had her own disc, and it was cute.

And a 150g Polecat was a pretty good little kid disc.
In an attempt to use my prize (funny) money from tournaments I decided to buy my daughters (ages 5 & 7 at the time) lighter weight discs. The mistake I made was not in buying the discs but in buying them a small bag to go with it. The girls loved it. We packed our bags full of discs and off to the course we went. The problem came on about the third hole when they no longer wanted to carry their bags. Too much to deal with. So for the balance of the round DAD went around the course with 3 bags. Now when we go play a round I have them each pick one or two discs. I will take out of my bag one or two discs to make room for their extra disc when they get tired of carrying it. The bags do come in handy when family or friends come from out of state and want to play a round. I load up the girls bags with some of my discs and we go have fun. Live and learn!!
Been there, done that. My teens still wont carry a bag and then they want to drink out of my water bottles!
So being the mean dad that I am, I smartly tell them they have bags in the van with bottle holders....
When my 8 year old started playing almost 4 years ago, one of the first discs I got for him was a 150 champion Valkyrie. When I first started to play that was one of my first discs (only a little heavier). For some reason I could just launch that thing, so I figured he would be able to throw it also. He still uses one for his shorter, straighter shots. His first world record was with a 150 champion Valkyrie. He also hit his first ace with one. He has now graduated to throwing 160-163 Champion Wraiths, and 166 star destroyers and a 165 champion TRX-X for distance. He is throwing champion Rhynos for his upshots and putting with a champion KC Aviar signed by the champ himself. After he hit his ace I had a 150 champion Valkyrie dyed with a superman logo which he still uses to this day.
Got my son a 128 Gateway Inferno recently. He loved it, threw it today in 20mph winds. Pretty wild what a 128 disc will do in those conitions!
My daughter loves her 128g Shark and her 146g champion gummy leopard. She has a viking that is in the 140's, but it's more of her roller disc. The gummy plastic lets her have more play with her disc when she throws it.
Two of my sons have begun to show an intrest in playing DG with me.
The older of the two (9yrs) is now throwing a 168gr Pro Valk, 150g DX Shark, and 168g Ching Ju-Ju putter. My youngest (6yrs) started with a super light Polecat (it didn't look like what his brother was trowing; now he will only use his 141g DX Leopard).
My 9-yr-old daughter was a big fan of the Stingray until she lost her favorite. I gave her an old Innova Ace a few days ago, and she's getting some nice distance with it.

Concerning bags, I bought her one last year and have subsequently filled it with discs I not loger use (generally, just too light for me as I play this game more and more). She still carries one disc and no water bottle.

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968