www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

As a father it aways hard for me to get my kids to listen to Christian music they only want to listen to mainstream stuff like 'the Game" "Kanye West" and "P diddy" if thats what he's calling himself now, it hard to keep up with all his name changes. Anyways I try not to be the evil parent and let them listen to what they want as long as I don't hear F bombs coming out of the room, as a fellow christain parent what do your kids listen to. I listen to a wide range of Christian music Rap, R & B, Gossiple, Funk, Rock & Hardcore Rock, I also listen to Michal W. Smith because my wife tells me I like it.

Views: 50

Replies to This Discussion

For streaming internet check out www.allworship.com . I listen to their contemporary stream a lot.

My daughter does the power point at church so she has all the church music loaded up on the home computer. Mostly its Hillsong. Our church music team is being mentored a guy who wrote for Hillsong and produced some of their albums, so our church worship music is mostly Hillsong stuff. www.BaseChurch.com
Bruce
Thanks for the link I'll check it out when I get back to the Hotel as the computer here at the office doesn't have speakers (cheap skates) it sounds like you raised your daughter up in the church. My wife already had two teenage boys when we met so they were pretty much into the maintream stuff before we got them back from thier biological father but thats a whole other discussion I could start on that topic. LOL
I hope you will think about joining Disc Golfers for Jesus.
God Bless
Maybe to get your kids turned on to christian music only allow them to listen to the local christian station when they are in the car during lent. And allow them to listen to their other music elsewhere. I did this last year as a part of my lent sacrifices and realized that I liked the station and kept listening. I listen to Klove.
My daughter is just under 7 months old, so I can't quite speak to what she listens to, but I understand why it's sometimes tough to find a good selection of Christian music - especially with some of the rowdier stuff. I know my brother likes to listen to Disciple - I don't because it's yelling and screaming and I don't know what in the world they are saying (yet at least it's a Christian group - it's clean). Another loud type group like that is Demon Hunter.

For me I like stuff like Jeremy Camp, Fusebox, Building 429, Everyday Sunday, Sanctus Real, stuff that is more rock yet not yelling and screaming!

If you want a nice, wide variety of stuff to try out before buying cd's or mp3's, check out cmradio.net. They have an awesome streaming library selection where you can listen to all sorts of stuff that you didn't even know was out there. It's something like 8 different channels you can tune into so you can find one to fit your flavor.
We already do that and it drives them crazy LOL
I know what you mean I like the hardcore stuff too but if I can't understand it I won't buy it, Jeremy camp is good too.
believe it or not with all the traveling I do I don't have a mp3 player or ipod, note to self...hit wife up for mp3 or ipod...end note,
check my page I uploaded a few songs. I need to figure out how to convert songs from .wma to mp3 format!

Anyone have any ideas?
I pretty much only listen to Christian music and very rarely do I even use a radio. I like all genres of Christian Music but mostly hardcore, rapcore, and reggae.

I've found many hardcore bands have some very convicting messages dealing with many issues, but you normally have to get the lyrics sheet out to understand it. When we sponsored Christian bands at the local skatepark I always made them print up the lyrics. I was pretty impressed with the Christian maturity of most of thier lyrics.
If you like reggae check out Joseph Israel if you haven't already. Good stuff.
Thanks! That's a new one to me.
Yeah I like the hardcore stuff as well but like you said if you don't look at the lyrics you'd never no what thier singing about with some of the groups out today.LOL
I like rap but is that the same as rapcore or is rapcore some hardcore type of rap? I could get into some Raggae as well but don't know of any good groups to check out, any suggestions.
Rapcore is Hardcore mixed with Rap or hip hop. P.O.D. does some rapcore.. Check the CR33 songs on my page, they were an indie label rapcore band.

Check out THE DINGEES for some reggae style stuff. There are 4-5 myspace pages for them. Also check out Christaffari

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968