www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

“MY TESTIMONY”

1986 to 1988
I was working off shore as a crane operator on the oil rigs off the California coast line; I would work on the rig for 7 days then have 7 days off. On my off days I would do your basic non-Christian stuff like get high and go to the beach and stare at the women, every once and a while the churchee’s would invade the beach for their baptisms and sing along which really made me mad. I mean really how’s a guy to get high with some fella strumming “Lord I left your name up high “next to ya, so off I’d go home cussing the entire way home.
1988 to 1989
Not to much had changed I was still getting high still working off shore and still getting mad when the churchee’s would invade my beach, yeah I went there; my beach
1989 to 1992
I lost my job because someone I worked with got cough bringing drugs on the rig so they tested everyone and you guessed it I failed, well I quickly found another job got married and was now snorting myth but on the bright side I wasn’t going to the beach any more.

1992 to 2000
Lost my job, got a divorce, found another job, got married again, stopped snorting myth, got another divorce but still had a the same job through all of it and managed to buy a home. I know how…how did I find time to buy a house when I was so busy destroying myself
I still haven’t figured that one out.
After all that (the 90’s) I settled down and started to lead a pretty normal life, on a whim my new year’s resolution was to go to church. Hey anyone can say I want to loose weight or I’m going to stop smoking but go to church that’s priceless.
Believe it or not I was still going to church… my first resolution I didn’t brake (go figure) and are you ready for this (you might want to be sitting down for this one) I was standing in line waiting to get baptized at the vary beach I used to go storming off of when the churchee’s showed up. Man I was turning into a churchee’s
2002 to 2003
I was still rough around the edge’s but I was changing little by little, I mean come on just because I was going to church didn’t mean I couldn’t still get high, I was still clinging to that old "God created herb the plant bearing seed thing" LOL and no way was I going to listen to that Jesus music.
2003 to 2005
After 10 plus year’s the company I was working for went bankrupt and I took this as a sign that the Lord has some changes coming my way, naturally I had to quit smoking pot to pass a employment physical. Little did I know it was going to take almost 7 months to find a new job, and after all that they didn’t even drug test me, can you believe that. I told them “ hey I’ve been clean for 7 months and your not going to drug test me” that’s just wrong… and are you ready for this… they didn’t fire me after I said it.
After all that it hit me, I just went 7 months unemployed and didn’t loose my house or my SUV and eat pretty well in the process. Oh and I almost forgot to mention that I had met a lady at the church, wait it gets better.
2005 to present
After dating for about 1 ½ year’s (you heard right… dating what a concept) we got married on 4/09/2005 and it’s been down hill ever since, just kidding Honey…actually it’s been heaven on earth. We’re about to celebrate our 3rd year of marriage and almost 5 year’s of being together and my love for her grows with each passing day
thank you God.

and for the record
it's been a little over 5 year's since I got high
all I listen to is Christian music now
both our kids have been baptized at the same beach
we have moved into a bigger and better home
I still have the same job and now travel all over the world
and I still haven't broke my new year's resolution
We now attend a church where our Pastor makes the bible come alive and I can't wait untill I'm back in town to go to church, and last but not least
I can't wait to see what the Lord has instore for us.

God is good Amen

Views: 6

Replies to This Discussion

I love your testimony, but you left out one important detail. When did you become a disc golfer? ( LOL :D )
Thanks Dizzel
I wish more people would add thier testimony, but to answer your question I started playing around 20 yrs ago.
Awesome My Brother...Revelation 12:11..And because of their Testimony..

May the Lord always Bless you and yours..

Resting in His care
Great to see that you have changed your life. The last thing I want to do is start trouble, but I have a few questions for you. I'll start with 1. All during your testimony, you talked an awful lot about water baptism. Whether it was while u were getting high, or getting you kids baptized. Why did you place so much emphasis on it? Do you believe you have to be Water Baptized to be saved?
Camerelli said:
Great to see that you have changed your life. The last thing I want to do is start trouble, but I have a few questions for you. I'll start with 1. All during your testimony, you talked an awful lot about water baptism. Whether it was while u were getting high, or getting you kids baptized. Why did you place so much emphasis on it? Do you believe you have to be Water Baptized to be saved?

Cam
Then don't... I would hardly say saying the word Baptized three times through out my whole testimony warrents the phrase " an awful lot or why did you place so much emphasis on it " would you??? I merely referanced it as to wear I was in life when I was re-introduced to God and that my family and I have all been Baptized.
But answer your question, no I don't think I've read anywhere in the Bible that it says you have to be Water Baptized to be save. I think John 3:16 says it all
What about Mark 16:16? Look at these verses. It seems to me in verse 16 that being baptized is VERY important: Mark 16:16-18 "[16] He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
[17] And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
[18] They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover

Did you cast out Devils after you were baptized? Do you or did you speak in new tongues? Does your local assembly handle snakes? Do you have the ability to lay hands on people and them recover?

I'm not trying to be a smart mouth, but look at what the verse says, and answer those questions truthfully to yourself.

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968