www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

HI everybody I was just wondering what your favorite Bible verse or verses are, mine is
PHIL 4;13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Views: 494

Replies to This Discussion

Right on the money Jack. I really like that verse as well. Here's another good one.

2 Cor 5:7 For we walk by faith, not by sight
Col. 3:17 Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.

This verse helps keep me in check A LOT!!
Before I open my mouth or act on anything I have to remember who I serve and thank him for the opprotunity to do so.
Col 3:23,24
And whatsoever ye do, do [it] heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.
Like you, these verses in Colossians help me keep things in perspective.
I especially apply these verses to my tournament play. I may not put up very good numbers, but I can witness to other players in my "attitude of gratitude".
1 Kings 8:60 "So that all the people's of the earth may know that the Lord is God; there is no one else."

1 Kings 8:56-61 is my favorite passage in the Old Testament. It's rich with great truths!
One (two) of my favorite verses: Romans 12: 1,2
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, [which is] your reasonable service. And be not conformed (molded into shape by outside forces) to this world: but be ye transformed (metamorphosis; change from within, like a butterfly in a chrysallis that is changed by God) by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future".

Kind of debunks the idea that He is up there just waiting to thump you if you make a mistake, huh?
Jeremiah 20:9 But if I say, "I will not mention him
or speak any more in his name,"
his word is in my heart like a fire,
a fire shut up in my bones.
I am weary of holding it in;
indeed, I cannot.
yeah there are so many good ones,i cant pick any 1 so i,ll just share one that my 9 year old says he likes ;john 14:6 when jesus says to thomas "i am the way,the truth and the life, NO one can come to the father except through me"
here r the ones my son put in a GODS PROMISES BOX that he made in sunday school last sunday......1 john1:9 , luke 2:11 , phillipeans 4:19 , romans 8:28 , 1 john 2:24,25 , 6:31-33 , john 14:15-17 two more verses that i always thought were very interesting , ( gonna make u work 4 these) somewhere early in genesis, round day 5 i believe, when god says LET US make a man........also ??????? somewhere???????? scripture talking about john the baptist says somthing like ,& he shall never drink strong drink, i,m thinking this might be so becausse god didnt want anyone to not trust the credibility of johns words....that it was drunk talk.
Jer.20:9
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (New Living Translation)

16 Always be joyful. 17 Never stop praying. 18 Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
One of my very favorite is Psalms 103:1-4.
Bless the Lord oh my soul; And all that is within me bless His holy name.
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
Who forgives all your (my) iniquites,
Who heals all your (my) diseases,
Who redeems your (my) life from destruction,
Who crowns you (me) with lovingkindness and tender mercies.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968