www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

HI everybody I was just wondering what your favorite Bible verse or verses are, mine is
PHIL 4;13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Views: 493

Replies to This Discussion

My favorite is the one that hit this once proud man like a hammer and forced me to see myself as I was (a fool) and to see God for who He is. I picked up my bible with an attitude as I read thru the book of Job. I thought that Job and I had much in common. Boy was I wrong. Job was a righteous man, tried by God for my good. I was a fool and a rebel, who considered myself to be wise... Until I arrived at Job 28:28
And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.
I couldn't get past it. I read it over and over, digesting it bit by bit. I was confronted with the fact that my idea of wisdom was in fact the foolishness that had led me down the road to brokenness and despair.
This verse is the story of repentance in a nutshell. Like the chiefest of fools, I had lived a life of continual trespasses against the true and living God, the Holy One. I did not fear the Lord, and in fact, had picked up His holy word with an attitude of holding the righteous God in judgment. How fortunate I am that He did not mete out the wages I deserved.
The truth of the words hit me like a hammer and crushed my prideful spirit. I was shown by the Holy Spirit the error of my ways. I knew biblical wisdom for the first time that night, when, like in our familiar and beloved hymn Amazing Grace, "'twas grace that taught my heart to fear." The newfound fear of the Lord led me to its natural conclusion; to depart from evil, the second half of repentance. I fell to my knees as the last bit of foolish pride fled away. I confessed my sin, turned away from them and toward the righteousness of God, and departed from my evil ways.
In the mind of God, I was transported back in time and was baptized with Jesus into His death. I was washed in His blood and was raised in newness of life. I stood up from the floor, a new creation in Christ Jesus! Praise be to God!

Hallelujah, what a thought!
Jesus full salvation brought,
Victory, victory;
Let the pow’rs of sin assail,
Heaven’s grace can never fail,
Victory, victory.

Victory, yes, victory.
Hallelujah! I am free,
Jesus gives me victory;
Glory, glory! hallelujah!
He is all in all to me.

I am trusting in the Lord,
I am standing on His Word,
Victory, victory;
I have peace and joy within,
Since my life is free from sin,
Victory, victory.
Shout your freedom everywhere,
His eternal peace declare,
Victory, victory,
Let us sing it here below,
In the face of every foe,
Victory, victory.
We will sing it on that shore,
When this fleeting life is o’er,
Victory, victory;
Sing it here, ye ransomed throng,
Start the everlasting song:
Victory, victory.
The book of Job also hit me hard. I was awaken by the lord at the age of 33 when at the time I needed him the most. I truly believe he saved my life. As I read through your words it brought me back to the day I excepted the Lord as my savior and it bring me to tears to think what he has done for me over the past 6 years. If your ever in Charlotte I would love to play a round of golf with you and share.
1 Corinthians 13:13
Psalm 23,was my grandfather's fave.....makes me think of him, so it has to be my favorite as well.oh and Isaiah 40:31
. . . as written on the bottom of my go-to putter, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding . . . -Proverbs 3:5"

I have a hard time listening to those of higher "authority" . . . thinking that I can figure it out on my own. This verse has barely kept me in check for many years now . . . especially after a missed putt. lol

-Derek
Romans 1:16

I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes.

Displayed on my favorite disc, Eleven Time KC Pro Rock, for other to see.

Hebrews 12:1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up.  And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968