www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

This will be a open Discussion so feel free to let everybody know what this verse means to you or how it speaks to you, I think every verse has just what God wants and needs you to hear just at the moment you need to hear it.

The Daily Bible Verse - theDailyBibleVerse.org John 15:16-17 - You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit-fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other. | Read today's commentary > http://www.thedailybibleverse.org

Views: 1240

Replies to This Discussion

The Daily Bible Verse - theDailyBibleVerse.org

‎1 Corinthians 1:18 (NIV) - For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org

Paul tells us that the core message of the Christian faith is not easy to accept—and that is how God wants it! To proclaim that we are so sinful that Jesus had to die so we can interact with a holy God is offensive to the person who tries to justify himself or herself by their behavior, yet it is only when we see the depth of our sin that we can receive the height of His mercy. The cross of Christ humbles us as it lifts us up.

Colossians 2:18-19 (NIV) - Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiri
tual mind. They have lost connection with the head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow.

There are a lot of claims of spiritual experiences today, but we need to be careful about what we are willing to follow when it comes to the supernatural. Who is getting more attention: Jesus or the person who has that experience? Beware of the vagueness of mystical jargon that can divert us from the centrality of Jesus

Psalm 139:5-6 (NIV) - You hem me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org God loves us so mu...
ch that He surrounds us with His care. You were born into this time and setting by the plan of God. Your life is under his care and scrutiny. This is a great mystery that scholars have tried to explain for centuries, but the Psalmist reminds us that there are times when we need to lay down our analysis and simply marvel in God’s work in our lives. May we be captured in the wonder of God’s love and care for us

Matthew 6:34 (NIV) - Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Earlier in this passage Jesus assures his disciples that God knows their every need. If He feeds the birds of the air, will he not feed us? Then Jesus brings us the shocking truth: our anxiety is connected to doubt and unbelief! To worry about tomorrow is a sign that we don’t trust our heavenly Father to take care of us. We are called to deal with the things of today and trust that the God who knows our name has our tomorrows in His hands. So anxiety or worry is a symptom of an unbelieving heart. How do we get rid of worry? Our answer comes with repentance, then realigning our heart with God’s promise to meet our needs. The promises in Matthew 6 alone have enough bread from heaven to sustain us in the midst of this troubled time.

Colossians 3:15 (NIV) - Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

Today’s commentary by: Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org

Have you ever thought about being called to peace? According to the apostle Paul, our membership in the church should be marked by peace. This peace is more than an umpire deciding who is right or wrong; peace in the church is an indication that Christ is ruling in our hearts. When we decide to make Jesus the ruler of our life, His lordship will challenge our egos, any envy, dissensions, or gossip to bow the knee before Him. How about you? Are you at peace with your brothers and sisters? If not, obey the call to peace and let Christ rule in your heart.

Proverbs 18:10 (NIV) - The name of the Lord is a fortified tower; the righteous run to it and are safe. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org In ancient times, towers were connected to fortified cities. They were structures that allowed the watchman to see when the enemy was coming and provide defense for any attacks. This proverb tells us that God’s view is above all of our circumstances, and when we turn to the Scripture and run to God in prayer, we are placing our cares into a walled city—a tower that is hard to sneak up upon, a place that is well protected. But we can go a step farther. God is the caring owner of this tower, and he invites us to run to it and be safe.

2 Corinthians 9:10 (NIV) - Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness.

Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, G
raceNYC.org

Do we see that God provides for us in order to provide for others? Sometimes the greatest test for us is when we have abundance. How will we use the resources that God has given us? Are we willing to sow out our seed and give our food? Many Christians have missed great harvests because they used their seed upon themselves.

John 4:34-35 (NIV) - “My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work. Don’t you have a saying, ‘It’s still four months until harvest’? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest.

The work of God is not seasonal, for He loves His people and is always doing something in the world around us. But are we able to see that? When our food is to do the will of God we will have hungry eyes searching beyond our needs and toward the creation that is groaning to be reconciled with its Creator. Open your eyes, for there is a harvest right in front of you!

Isaiah 53:6 (NIV) - We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Do you feel far from God? There is good news. God knew that we don’t have the ability to b
e consistent, so he took our faults and laid them upon the only One who could bear all of our wandering – Himself. Jesus took our sin because our heavenly Father knows us much better than we know ourselves. Our quest for Christian perfection can be laid to rest at the cross. We can rejoice that Jesus death and resurrection has opened the way to return from our wandering back to the arms of our Creator.

Matthew 10:32-33 (NIV) - “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Christianity is not a designer religion. God is serious about getting us on His agenda. One of the famous prayers that goes around today is “Jesus, come into my life and make me the person that you want me to be.” We find that the person that God wants us to be is someone who engages the world with His truth. One of the sins of this generation is to make religion a private thing. It never was meant to be private, and the discomfort of making our faith public proclaims God’s control in our lives. Do we shrink from this? Then who is in charge? You don’t have to buy a bullhorn or pass out tracts, but you do need to stand out as one who is ready to acknowledge Jesus to those around you. Jesus doesn’t hold back on this truth and neither should we.

Philippians 4:8 (NIV) - Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

Our image-laden world is constantly trying to divert us with the latest fad or breakthrough technology, yet while processor speed or innovation can make our lives easier, that doesn’t mean that we are happier. Things that are noble, right, pure, and lovely are not digested into our souls so easily, but when we set our minds upon them, our satisfaction lasts in ways that no easy diversion can muster.

Ephesians 4:29-30 (NIV) - Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

We live in a culture of quick responses, so we feel the pressure to fill conversations with comments that may or may not be needed. This pressure can cause us to say things that won’t help our listeners at all and even grieve the Holy Spirit. But what would happen if we determined to hold our comments except for those that build up those around us? What kind of change would that bring about in our workplace, our churches, our households?

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968