www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey everybody this is a thread to tell us all how you did at a tournament, if you did good or finished in the top of your field then lets us know about it here. I will start it off by giving props to my P.I.C.
( Partner in Christ ) Danny, Danny is your average golfer like me who play disc golf with a lot of heart and emotion. He just finished 2nd at a local one day tourny and held off a lot of good players to finish 2nd so Awsome job Danny...keep it up and way to get er done. LOL

Views: 28

Replies to This Discussion

At this year's Ice Bowl at DeLaveaga in Santa Cruz, I placed 1st in the Open Masters divsion. In fact, only Open players Nate Doss and Jon Baldwin (a DGA sponsored player) had scores better than my -20. We played 58 straight holes, and I had 21 birdies and only one bogey. Here's the cool part: In order to keep my mind from all the distractions that clutter my brain and ruin my focus, when it wasn't my turn to throw I looked at a bible verse and memorized it by repeatedly singing it inside my head. "Trust the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:4-6. On that day, he made my drives and putts straight as well! : )
21 birdies at Dela is insane...NICE!!!
Well, remember that it was 21 birdies in 58 holes, and the course was set in an 'all-short' configuration. Nevertheless . . . : )
Yeaaaaa Dannnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats
I'm from Minnesota and I played my first 3 PDGA tourney's this summer and took third in my first two the Manor open and the Oakwood Open and took first yesterday at the Minneapolis Open! I played Amateur Intermediate so far but will probably move up to Advanced soon. I never ask God that I win a tourney I just thank him for allowing me to have the ability to play and pray that I can demonstrate Christian values as I play!
I took 29th at the Am World's in Ohio this year and never thought I would ever get to play a world's but Ohio is where my wife's family is and I got to stay there! Also, I took 1st in 3 unsanctioned tournaments this year so far and took 2nd and 6th in PDGA tourneys in the Advanced division. Just thankful to be able to play though!
To end the tournament season I finished 3rd in the Advanced division in the Bloomington Open and just took first in the Thanksgiving Throwdown, both PDGA events and shot my first 1000 rated round!

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968