www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Not to in any way make you jealous, but...

I'm sitting at the bar at White's Acres in Milford, Michigan, home of the famous White's Acres Disc Golf Course, Bar and Home Brewery, sipping a draft Stone IPA. You are not.

Oh, did I mention that the course, bar and home brewery are private. No casuals. No uninvited fools (only invited fools). No PDGA Marshalls. No roaming park rangers.

Todd White, proprietor, (or is Marnie the proprietor, anyway), keeps two half barrels on tap, a full bar and currently has home brews which are his versions of Fat Tire and Hop Slam (Bells).

Damn, if only you were invited.

Views: 1

Replies to This Discussion

damn, i wish i could drink and putt like you...
Mark,

You forgot to mention that Marnie cooks for all the "Leaguers". And that we have 2 berths to the MDGO State Championships.
By the way, did I mention that my wife "Rocks"!
Stone IPA. Best beer on the planet. 'nuf said.
Argh! You bastard!!! :)
Not bad...

But I just returned from a trip to an old school private bar with full access to an insiders disc golf club. This place had a wide selection of domestic and imports, as well as some of the finest homebrew this side of the street. The club decor was very...rustic...bikes hanging on the walls and tool chests in the corner give it a very inviting and lived in feeling. I especially enjoyed the 'tailgate' seating. It's known as 'My Garage' and is the disc golfing hub of our local disc golfing group.

I'll see what I can do to swing an invitation for you.
Awww, Man! That sounds even better!!! Homebrew on tap too? Private bars with private courses? Where do you guys live, and how do I get there?
OK. Mark might have the "ultimate invite" however, I get to taste the beer before he does. Take a look at this post.....

Hoppy Beer

Mark, I'll see you Tuesday. :)
mark i'm so jealous!!!!!, i've never even herd of that course, and the fact that your drinking stone IPA just makes you even more of a legend, and a deralict( what a great adjective). I drank a double IPA last night, Hope to see you at kensington soon, gotta get some of that new plastic that discraft just unleashed......
Wow, only in the Midwest do people "BRAG" about sipping a home brew, especially one that simulates a "FLAT TIRE." I am afraid New Belgium doesn't make me jealous in the least! Come to the NW where exclusive home brews, micro brews, and micro-distilleries are the norm. Out here you can choose to be exclusive and attend invite-only venues, or you can party to live music, disc golf, 6 bars (all beer brewed on site), and a hotel room to crash at when you're done. Fine service, unique art on every nook & cranny, and oh so much more.

Now, not too knock your local, cause it sounds like somebody is figuring it out, but I am just responding to the title of your post. TOP THIS, well, the Northwest has done so, is doing so, and will continue to be brewing better beer, growing better "hops," and playing better golf, cause there is no golf like throwing disc from the 10000 feet. Maybe we'll see you out here someday and I can assure you we won't be drinking a Fat Tire or anything else that remotely resembles such a thing. We drink real beer here. Cheers.

In conclusion, your invited to the real party anytime you want to join. The NW is already exclusive...
What's to be jealous about? J.K. Sounds awesome, what part of the state is that in?
hey now,drink up .I'd buy the next round but didn't get an invite.Peace

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968