www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Is it just me, or does beer just taste better from the bottle? I even prefer bottles to draft (except Guinness of course).

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

Definitely bottles. The only time I think cans are worth buying is if you're planing on playing beer pong in which case staking the cans to form a wall works much better then bottles.
I visit many "NO GLASS ZONES" like parks and campsites. Is it worth it to pour good beer into plastic or take one for the team and bring cans. (I always seem to take one for the team!)
When drinking can beer, I go for Bud(yeah I know). Bottle beers are a different story. I will always go for Fat Tire, 2 Hearted, or New Castle. Those are my 3 that treat me the best.
Bottle's always seem to taste better, however the truth is that canning is the best way to package beer. It is the only way to keep light from affecting the process and the seal is better allowing less oxidization and break down. With that being said, look for some of the quality craft beers available in cans for your recreational rounds. Oskar Blue's in Lyons Colorado makes several good canned beers. Big Sky brewing in Montana are the maker's of the first Aluma-bottles(the one's Bud uses now). There are a number of them around the country.
Bottom line, support your local craft brewery! Cans or bottles, it's beer. What could go wrong?
LOVE BOTTLE BEER
YENGLEY IS MY FAVORITE
Bottles for at home, cans or flask for the course.
Bottle.
I'm right there with you bro. Corked bottles allow "breathing", botlle conditioned brews allow for yeast settlement and furthur conditioning (don't drink the yeast!!!!) and bottles that aren't twist offs can be reused for home brewing.

Tap can be good, but there are two added factors. Taps take C02 or whatever gas they choose. You also have the pleasure of consuming the residue of sanitizer that sits in the fancy little sinks behind the bar all night. If you continue to get a new glass all night the amount of it you consume builds. The sanitizer can can give adverse reactions like headaches, abdominal cramping, and digestive nightmares if.....only if your body is sensitive. That's why you always now that one person who will never drink draft at a bar, only botlled.

Cans do not hold a candle to bottles unless you are on the course (where permiitted : ) ) I have seen too many courses with broken glass. i'm not a fan. There is a certain pleasure that comes from walking up to a tee, checking wind, and taking a lil' sip after sinking a 60 footer.

Illumina TTi, i don't know if you were looking for a simple answer or not, BUT I LOVE TALKIN BEER!!!! Good topic man!
There's never a simple answer when dealing with beer. Thats why we got this group and it makes me smile to see such passion about what we drink. Cheers!

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968