Relative or approximate directions from the course to the bar
How you'd rate the course - highlights and hazards
How you'd rate the pub - drafts and drabs

Tags: bar, course, pub

Views: 36

Replies to This Discussion

Pittsboro, North Carolina
Buckhorn New Hill
Carolina Brewery (New Pittsboro Location)
about 15-20 minutes from the course
Buckhorn is one of the top courses in NC (IMO) Very challeging with water. A must play when you are in the area.
Carolina Brewery has always had top of the line beers, but the Santas Secret is excellent this year.
You can get it by the pint at the restaurant or get a growler (4 1/2 pints) to take home for $12.
Warwick, NY
Brakewell Steel and Wolf woods @ Warwick Town Park
Yesterday's Restaurant and Pub
about 5 or 6 miles from the course in the village of Warwick - Make a left leaving the course, left at the stop sign, drive a few miles, right past the hospital at the "T", less than a mile on your right.

Warwick is my home course and still one of the nicest course I've played. with 2 full 18 hole course, short and long tees and baskets on the main course and short and tees on wolf woods there is conceivably 108 different holes to play. Steel is well manicured with a great mix of open and wooded holes with good elevation change and with 4 different layouts to each hole it's got something for every level of player. Wolfe Woods is a bit more "rustic" and tends to get too overgrown in the summer, however come spring and fall it is nice to get back to the roots (and trip over a few roots).

Yesterday's offers a nice pub feel with an appropriate selection of English style ales. If you find yourself their I recommend you try the barbecued duck.
Raleigh, NC
Cedar Hills
Falls Tap Room
Leave course, turn left, drive 20 seconds, Pub on right (Quail Corners Shopping Center)
Course discription - Well wooded with a little OB (pond) and a few field holes. Hard to shoot par from Pro Tees
Pub discription - Over 100 imports on tap. Half of them are good, a few are fantastic
Ypsilanti, MI
Rolling Hills and Waterworks
Sidetrack Bar and Grill

10 minutes.
2.95 25 oz of draft beer from 4-6 and 10-1. 16 beers on tap
Gaithersburg, MD
Seneca Creek Park
Dogfish Alehouse

less than 2 miles from the entrance of the park to the Alehouse. Both are on the same road.
On a scale of 1-10 10 being the best....Food = 8, Beer = 10. Hard to beat a pub with all kinds of Dogfish Head Beer on tap.

The course is an oldie but a goodie. It used to be a predominantly roller friendly course but the rescent re-design and has made the course 27 holes and more of an airshot style course that brings the disc catching Cedar trees more into play.
Awesome, i've wanted to play seneca and i dogfish head is probably my favorite micro brew out there.
Frisco, Colorado
Peak One Disc Golf
Backcountry Brewery
from the brewery go south on Hwy 9 only a mile or two, look for Frisco Nordic Center on the east side of the highway
while there is only one water hazard along the resevoir, the scenery is beautiful as the course is above 9000 feet, the fairways are kinda tight and good mix of holes
the brewery has become a staple now, it's a must stop whenever I'm in central Colorado, and I usually ship a case of 32oz's home with a mix of their seven different brews on tap, although I strongly recommend the Switchback Amber
Peoria, IL
Bradley Park
Unknown Name Dive of a Place, made of Concrete Blocks, I don't think there is a window in the joint, sell super cold .75 glasses of PBR, greasy bar food and a decent selection of discs.
Bar is across street from Brandley Univ Women's Softball Field.
Course is one of the originals in the Peoria Area. Was reworked a few yrs back. On most Sat. summer mornings you can count on a wait to get started on the first hole. Very popular place. Trees punish lack of control & reward the low throwing strong arm. I spent many hours throwing multiple discs/hole while allowing my 2 boxer dogs to run free. dogs were friendly and so were the patrons of Bradley.
Norwalk Ct
Cranbury Park
Ginger Man
The course is in northern Norwalk and the pub is on Washington St in South Norwalk. Washington St is one of those gentrified blocks you often see in older towns. There are many other clubs , bars and restaurants on this block between S Main St and Water St. including the Ginger Man. It's about 8 miles from course to pub but there is a small expressway that covers most of the journey. (route 7 , known as "the connector" between the merrit prkwy and I 95)
The course has just been updated (fall '07) with new rubber tee mats and has become quite challenging, with one par 4 (13)
Most holes are between 260 - 300 ft with a few longer ones including 18 which is about 450.
It has several holes that play across open lawns but most of the course is in the woods with some nice elevation changes.
The pub is about a year or two old now and offers fabulous tap beers from around the world and features @30 taps. (maybe more)
Scottsdale Arizona
Shelly Sharp @ Vista del Camino, home of the memorial.
Papago brewing
1 mile west of Vista del Camino park on Mcdowell.
Course description: lots of water!

"Making Thirst Worthwhile"
An Extensive Tasting Room
• A 30 tap bar where the line-up changes daily plus a beer engine for cask conditioned ales; showcasing the Southwest and serving the finest microbrews as well as great classic beers from around the world
• A variety of wines, ports & meads by the glass
• Free wireless internet connections (Wi-Fi)
Beer & Wine Carryout
• A huge selection of bottled beers and wines
• Free ice for your cooler with your carryout purchase
Awards
• 2006 Great American Beer Festival Silver Medal for Hop Dog IPA in the first ever Pro-Am Category. Hop Dog was developed by homebrewer Barry Tingleff.
• 2005 Great American Beer Festival Bronze Medal for El Robusto Porter in the "Other Strong Ale or Lager" Category
• "Spirit of the Homebrew" Award, Zymurgy 2005
• "Top 50 Places to Have a Pint" 2003 & 2006 Beeradvocate.com
• "Best Beer Selection" 2003 New Times Best of Phoenix
• "Best Place to Drink Beer" 2002 Rep's Best
• "Best Porter" 2001 Rep's Best
I think we have a winner.
Ann Arbor/Dexter, MI

Hudson Mills

Arbor Brewing Company and Grizzly Peak

Take a left out of the park. Take the next left, Dexter-Pinckney Rd. Follow for about 10 miles until you get to Ann Arbor. Take a right on Huron. After 1 block, take a left on Washington. ABC is 100 feet down on the right.

Hudson Mills is sweet. 2 24 hole courses with 6 different layouts. Monster is mostly tight and wooded, more challenging. Original is more open and fun.

ABC makes great unfiltered ales. Try the Sacred Cow IPA (hand cranked) or the Red Snapper SB, or whatever stout they have. Lots of options and rotating taps. Sampler platters available. Good burgers, get the garlic fries. 3 dartboards and shuffleboard. Beware of hippies.

Check out Grizzly Peak if you have time by walking left out of ABC, 1 block down on the right.

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968