www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Since Mark Stephens spoke of hops in shortage in 5 top beers topic, I found out when I went to Barley's taproom last week. On their beer menu, it stated that brewers are facing high prices due to shortage of hops. Care to discuss?

Do you consider yourself to be a hophead or more like a malthead?

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

Hophead!
As for the Hop shortage it's unfortunate. What it really boils down to is that the big hitters like AB(bud), Molson/Coors and Miller all bought up the lion's share when word hit of the poor harvests. They already buy in futures, but when the harvest hit the fan they bought up alot of the hops that the smaller craft brewers relied on. Since they are the big hitters, they have the money to pay the higher price and buy larger quantities, where there are very few craft/micro breweries with deep enough pockets to compete...and for that matter survive as we'll see in the year to come. The $10 six-pack is not going to be so uncommon in the months to come.
So, do your part and continue to support the Craft/Micro breweries in your area. Next years harvest has to be better!
I could not agree more! Yes, support our LOCAL or American crafts/micros. I am more of both- hophead and malthead. Really...only my mood tells on a particular day.
Thank you Mark for the explanations in depth. Now, I understand it more. Thanks again...
that is gay when i turned 21 today and there isnt going to be anygood beer (this sucks)

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968