www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I asked myself which do I usually drink- drinkable or extreme ales? I came to my result that I prefer drinkable ales.

For example, Old Speckled Hen. It is one of my favorites. Very easy to drink, smooth like a baby's rear, and it is a pale from England!

Paulaner Hefeweizen. A perfect lawnmower beer! Nuff said...

I am sure that many of you have different opinions on particular beers. Holler?

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

As seems to be my problem with both brewing and drinking; there are far too many variables and far too many beers (the latter might be my favorite problem in the world).

What I'm drinking depends on the 3 m's: Mood, Meal, and how Much I'm going to down. (after typing this i'm adding a W for weather). MMMW.

Chances are I'm not reaching for an Sam's Imperial Pilsner or some triple IPA as my first choice, but given the right temperature outside or the proper sea food dish (ha ha my fingers went for disc before dish) then i'll enjoy one.
Lately I've been drinking other extremes (or at least i think so). Cold weather, hearty meals, it gets dark at 4:30... i want a porter as thick as mud, dark as midnight, and at lest 10% abv.
On the other hand if i'm playing games with friends and going to down 4 then i'll go for something on the more "drinkable" end of the spectrum. I don't want a few drinks to feel like I ate a 42oz steak and loaf of bread. That's when it's time for a blond, copper, or brown ale.

I have to stop typing, this is making me thirsty.
Drinkable for the most part but if a beer is good its good,
if two beers are good, they're good too,
The same can be said for three beers, and four, five, it goes on and on
Although I most often reach for a more drinkable beer like something from Goose Island or Upland, I definitely like to try extreme beers from time to time. Thankfully, my local brew-pub has a month long Gravity Head festival with kegs from across the world every March. And a name like that can only mean one thing, all the beer is heavy, 8% abv. and up. Here's the lineup so far this year, it's enough to make your mouth water :)

http://potablecurmudgeon.blogspot.com/2008/01/gravity-head-2008-upd...
Picked up a few "extreme" beers recently. Bells Hopslam, Bells Expedition Stout, and Anchor Steam's Old Foghorn Barleywine were the few that made the cut. Obviously all three are very different (Double IPA, Strong Stout, and Barleywine) but I would definitely recommend all three to any "extreme" taster.

Let me know if there are other winter selections that I should stock up on.
Pyramid Brewing, SNOWCAP. Good luck finding it though.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968