www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Once you crack that frosty brew on the course you encounter the dilemma: either chug the beer or have it slosh around and go flat while it rides in your bag. My good friend and fellow drunk Phil Shelton taught me this trick: Use a wine cork in the beer bottle.

We know good beer rarely comes in cans. Probably anything that comes in a can should be chugged.

I reluctantly admit I seldom drink while playing, saving it as a reward or a condolence for after the round. Please don't boot me out of this club.

Views: 52

Replies to This Discussion

I'm just looking for a better way to rest the open bottle while in play. Courses are not the flattest areas, I need a better method for resting that beer bottle. cans are a bit easier but like mark said, can beer is crap. might as well shotgun that stuff.
Koozies have three purposes. First to keep your beer cold, second is to identify which beer is yours, and thirdly is for stability.
I pull around my bag with an old ball golf pull cart. The simple way to keep my beer from spilling over or even getting drity was to strap on an old plasic coffee can. It's just the right size for a 12oz bottle or a 32oz can. When traveling with a 12oz can , I put the top on so the cops can't get me for open container. Some places my drink of choice just isn't allowed but, I'll always find a something to help out the thrist.
pack a few 24oz with ya and try to set them down easy haha park the icechest in the area of #9 and pray for fast play ha a round without brew is hard to do!!!! keep it cold *for the record, Miller Lite IS Not bad , really,,,,
I use the wine stoppers in my bottles. they not only keep the beer from going flat, but also keep the beer in the bottle if it tips over.
I never drink while playing, but frequently have beers in a cooler waiting in the back of the truck...I have had a couple between rounds and those long days. Dale's Pale Ale from Oskar Blues in Lyons, CO comes in a can, as does their Scottish Ale, Old Chub. Both are appropriate for post disc golf round.
If it's not a PBR in a can (which has the shelf life of one American Spirit stoggie), carefully stick your bottle in your bag when you go to make a shot, anywhere safe ain't that hard to find. Easy. A nice tip for the high fire areas, when you put your can down to make a shot, stick the filter end under your beer tab to keep it off the dry ground. Word. Come play Black Mouse in Felton CA. It's the new Dela! Only smaller...
Rev. Noah said:
I use the wine stoppers in my bottles. they not only keep the beer from going flat, but also keep the beer in the bottle if it tips over.

you can find them at almost any kitchenware store like Bed, Bath, and Beyond, and that my friend is an excellent idea, the little plastic ones are like a buck a piece at most
a lot of liquor stores that sell wine sell these little 'bottle-toppers' that can be used for beer bottles...they basically help keep beer from going flat.....try to find some if you can
Most people don't have this option but I use Grolsch style(e-z cap/swing top) bottles snd fill them from the draft tower at work with whatever I feel the day deserves to be enjoyed with. Hot days pale/IPA. Cold days oat stout or imperial stout or maybe some JAVA BROWN.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm Beer.
A 40oz. fits perfectly in almost every discgolf bag side pouch. It just sucks that Bells don't make a 40oz. bottle.
My best successes was with the Rogue Imperial Red 32oz. It comes in a ceramic bottle with the swing top. Stayed colder longer and the cap prevented it from going flat. I rinsed and saved the bottle to be used for other times but I haven't done it yet. I would go buy more of the Imperial Red but at $17 a bottle it would be just a little expensive.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968