www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

We all know it can never be too hot to throw 18 holes, but how cold does it have to be before you don't get out on the course?

I've never had the opportunity here in Florida to experience sub-freezing temps for very long, but I have snowboarded in the 20's. But Disc golf, I've never been that cold!!!

Tags: Hot, cold

Views: 59

Replies to This Discussion

Well, its -10 below today, tomorrow they're calling for -30 to -45 degrees below zero here in central Wisconsin!!!!!!!!! The way this winter has been going , I'm not comin out til April :(
Well today it is -25 with a -45 wind chill. Now I have played in -20 but not with a wind chill like that.
Just one thing on this post. It says "We all know it can never be too hot to throw". Yes I'm from Michigan and the heat, especially in humidity is not that fun for me. But last year when I was in Las Vegas it was around 100*F or so, dry heat obviously, on a Saturday! When I went to play there was hardly anyone out there. I think about 6 guys, 5 of which were just hanging out in the shade under a tree throwing a few putts now and again. One guy threw a round with me to show me the course, and he was saying nobody really comes out to play until 4-6 pm because the days are too hot. And this is coming from someone who lives there. At this course you play around a series of baseball fields that are all lit at night. He said a lot of people come out and play at night there because basically the whole course is lit up from the lights and it is nice and cool. All you guys from these hot climates can say what you want, but it sounds like there is such a thing as too hot and cold. Bunch of fair weather golfers is what it sounds like to me. LOL! Just an observation.
Well i played a tournament two days ago in seventeen degree weather and it wasn't too bad as long as you wear plenty of layers ( but still make sure your arms aren't constricted ) and bring hand and body warmers you should be able to play just fine

Played a few days ago in snow over 1 foot deep - good exercise. We need a disc golf biathlon - cross country skiis or snow shoes and disc golf !
joe
I've played in the snow at 20 degrees in Kansas, But it's hard to find your disc when it slides under the snow. today it's 50 so I think I'll play.
___Tab
I moved to fla. to get away from the cold. i have hit a tree in 15 degree weather and watched my old aviar disinigrate into 2 small coin size pieces......thats when u throw the new indestructable plastic........its never toooo cold.
was 45 last week in charleston sc but with the wind felt like 38 got thru 6 holes coul not feel hands or face
no such thing!
Here in Oregon we always play, rain or shine, which is why we have Winter Series tourneys and Ice Bowls every year, even though it never is really that cold. I'm originally from Kansas, and I've played in sub-zero temps many times, and I agree, a true "Disc Golf Junkie" just wants to play, no matter what the conditions are, just watch for where your discs slide under the snow. Peace through Disc Golf!!
___Tab
i would have to say 10 degrees is cold for me. i live in south dakota and we always have wind, then add the coldness and sometimes snow. yea not fun at all..
I'm playing in the snow today :)

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968