www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey does anyone know the new Discraft sponsored players? Discraft hasn't updated that part of their webpage in like 4 months and I've heard quite a few names. Here are the ones I know or have heard of:

Cory Sharp #24270
Ziggy Bierkoven #29879
Aaron Martin #25075
Kevin Tomasaitis #24218
Zach Newhouse #30259
Nick Schnieder #26395
David Cox # ?????
Greg Schwartz #28464
Michael Johansen (switched from innova?)#20300
Liz Carr #31068
Katy Schreder #25238

Tags: discraft, sponsored

Views: 7

Replies to This Discussion

A few more as well I think. Katy S. from Minn. Sweet about Johansen, big gun there that will represent!!! Cool to see Martin get added. We talked about it in McCook last year.

Work on your game Pat. Good things will hopefully come for you. I bet it would be nice to have someone in Vegas on the Team. Great win last week in the PDGA event down there. Way to come out with a bang!!

C U Later,
Koz
Yeah it's definitely sweet to see them guys get on team. Those up and coming players are gonna be freegin good. Anyhoo, yeah I'm definitely working on the game, getting out there and putting, doing fieldwork, and just the casual rounds almost everyday. I'm definitely patient, I know that it'll happen in time if it's meant to. I'll be at a bunch of tourneys this year and a good amount of big NT's and A-Tiers. I'll see ya around. It's definitely an Innova dominated area here. Anyways I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Thanks again! laters.
Folks, I can't speak about a number of the new team members but I definately know the new players from Michigan. In alphabetical order: Ziggy Bierkoven (pronounced Berry-ko-ven), Kevin Tomasitis (Tom-ah-sigh-tus) and Liz Carr.

Ziggy (really Siegfried) is a 15 yr old phenom who dominated Am Worlds last year. He ran away with a Jr's title and his handicap rating bested the Am 1 winner too. Let me summarize his strengths and weaknesses. He is good at everything, especially putting and touch. His weakness is only that we haven't seen how far he will advance and how strong his motivation is. Unless distracted by chasing chicks he should be top ten in the world within a few years. ((There, if that doesn't curse him, nothing will. I have to play against him sometimes))

Kevin is big, strong, athletic and throws a ton. Maybe a ton and a half. He just turned Pro and there is no way to predict how far and how fast he will advance. When Geoff Bennett is in town they regularly practice together. Too bad Geoff is a road warrior because Kevin needs someone to push him. Oh, Kevin's main flaw is that he has a full time job. If he gets fired his propects will improve dramatically.

Liz Carr (pronounced Car- well, what did you think?) is a young pro who is small and slender and rock hard (seriously, she rock climbs for a hobby). She has shocking power. You just don't expect someone her size and gender to throw like she does. I saw her park a '400 hole. She seems to have a rabid desire to play and practice the game. Her biggest flaw is that she is engaged to Critter Bill Themm. Otherwise her judgment seems fine. At her current rate of improvement she will set the women's distance record and win the worlds in a few years.
Very nice mark, thanks for all the input. That's cool to summarize up all the players for us, we'll I've heard about Ziggy and I am definitely interested in seeing how fast he progresses this year. He's definitely gonna be a top pro soon if he sticks with it. Good luck to all of ya guys!

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968