www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I love it! anyone else like this a lot? I fell in love with mine.

Views: 2

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not liking the plastic. I wish it was intoduced as ESP or flx plastic
Yeah this in FLX or Z would provide a great mid to short range accurate hyzer disc.
I started a discussion on this disc the night we got it as a proto. Like it when i first got it and loven it now. I have hit metal on 3 baskets from 220 - 265.
I like it a lot for the great hyzer and it is a great forehand lean out upshot IMO.
I have a ESP Zone and all I can say is wow. Nothing but wow. I was lucky enough to get one of these bad boys from Spinners on the Green in Scottsdale, Arizona. The way the ESP version flys compared to the LE version are way diffrent. The LE version is alot less stable then the ESP for starters. The LE seems to have more glide then the ESP though. The ESP Zone is much better suited for mid-range hyzers from 250-350ft.

At 50% power it has a mid to hard fade at the end if thrown straight about 300ft.
At 70% power thrown with a slight hyzer will snap back and fly straight about 350ft., with a light to mid fade at the end.
At 70% power with a big anhyzer will hold its line and start to come out at the end of its flight.
At 80% power thrown with a slight hyzer, it will turn over but the unique thing about this disc is it will come back for a beautifull Helix or S curve and land with a mid to heavy fade at the end.

Overall impression with this disc is great. It does require alot of snap. I feel the ESP version is probably closer to the stability of a Predator though. In many ways I treat this disc as if I was throwing a Predator in a light to moderate headwind, or a no wind light wind condition when I need the big hyzer mid range.

If this disc was put into FLX I feel it may need to really be beaten in before it becomes a good disc. Im worried that if put into FLX it may end up like what happen with the FLX Predator and become unusable.

Eric
I love the ESP zone hate the d plastic zone beats in way to fast
I find myself taking this disc out and playing a whole round with it just because i can. By far the most versatile disc in my bag for me. Can drive with it up shot with and and man can you put with this disc. The esp plastic is a great feel and it holds up to the abuse I tend to give discs. I have four of them and will buy more if i can find them just to have backups of this first run esp. Bottom line is I love this disc and will always have one in my bag
I either love this disc or I hate it! If I throw it hard I am fine but when I just go for a nice smooth shot I never get enough velocity on it and it hyzers out a little early.

It has become one of my favorite sidearm discs though.
Garrett Graham said:
no you just "taco" your disc the first round you use the damn thing
hey, be nice. D plastic gets worn just from hitting the grass, or even a basket. you can't blame him for hitting chains with in his disc.

Terry Sink said:
Garrett Graham said:
no you just "taco" your disc the first round you use the damn thing
Can't wait to try one.
I won a Orange D-Zone for longest putt after a working day at a local park. I do not like it for putts, but for approaches longer than 100ft I like it alot. My buzz ss and other midranges will sometime blow past the basket, but the Zone will almost hit a wall and drop. It flies super straight at fast speeds for me and will hyzer out at slow speeds.

Overall it's a really great approach disc for distances 100ft up to 150ft.

-John S.
Sounds like I need to throw one of these!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968