www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Now that the disc has been out of awhile, what do most people think of it? Do you throw ESP or the Z version and how far can you rip it? Is it your new go-to driver for distance or what?

Views: 1

Replies to This Discussion

I used it sidearm, and it goes far. The Pulse and Force are my farest drivers, put a nice s-curve on them and get just under 400ft.

I havn't thrown the Z verision yet though.
Just throwing the Force, I can tell that the disk goes fast....but for me it tends to dive kind of hard to the right every time (I'm left handed-backhanded)....whats your secret to getting it to go far? nose down or up more? I have plenty of snap but it just doesn't seem to fly like I want them too.......I want that s-curve!!

PoeticLogic said:
I used it sidearm, and it goes far. The Pulse and Force are my farest drivers, put a nice s-curve on them and get just under 400ft.

My Pulse seems to go alittle farther then the Force, I'm sure I would have broken 400ft for the first time yesterday with my Pulse, but it skimmed a tree branch at about 350ft and fell shortley after. I can't throw either backhand more then 300ft, just too overstable.

My only secret is my sidearm, I just started playing around with sidearm seriously the past 2 weekends. Just like they said on massively overstable discs that they are for BIG arms or for sidearms. It's easier to get more snap on sidearm vs backhand.

I can't usually get the s-curve/Helix on backhand, but man can I on sidearm. It's touchy though, too much and the disc just goes anny and never comes back. I found it hard to get that hard anhyzer to get a s-curve going on backhand, though I've seen players do it backhand.

My other is to have pletty of space, I get that distance on a hole on my course that goes downhill and back up (like a little valley) and it's wide with trees on the left side so I anny it hard left (cause sidearm goes left for anny) (hope it doesn't hit trees on way halfway out). I don't do nose up or down, just straight with the wing up, I might nose it down a little I guess.

I threw my Flx Surge right after hitting the trees yesterday and it landed just about as far as the Pulse and Force do for me (it was probably about 370ft). I can't play with as overstable discs for backhand, my farthest backhand disc for me is the Flash, I max out at about 330ft backhand with Flash's.

For me when I try to get that s-curve backhand it just seems like my muscles get too tight to do it (you muscles get tighter easier in anny position backhand then it does for hyzers and flat shots or seems to for me). Maybe if you try a Surge for the s-curve?

I just seem to get a lot more snap and speed from my sidearm, finding myself only backhanding a couple holes a game now.

Darren Holley said:
Just throwing the Force, I can tell that the disk goes fast....but for me it tends to dive kind of hard to the right every time (I'm left handed-backhanded)....whats your secret to getting it to go far? nose down or up more? I have plenty of snap but it just doesn't seem to fly like I want them too.......I want that s-curve!!

PoeticLogic said:

Are you at higher elevation?

I know here in Colorado Springs at 6,500-7,000ft elevation it makes discs even more overstable cause of the thinner air.
Cause if your at a higher elevation, the more overstable discs are harder to throw, especially backhand I think. Like backhand I only use Force and Pulse as long hyzer shots (280-300ft), cause their so overstable. If you have problems with s-shots with the Force, try Surge. I could get a s here and there with Surges.

What weight of Force do you have? I have a 172g ESP as my main and a 174g ESP for 2nd drives when I mess up and for heavier winds. My Pulse and Flx Surge are also 172g. I find for my sidearm the Force goes farthest most consisently for me. It has a lot of glide and speed. Though the Pulse is almost as fast, almost the same in stablity, but cuts through the air easier.

Also do you have the flat or domey Force? I've never thrown a flatter top one, but have heard of them.

A cross wind helps, the hole I can bomb them the longest usually has a wind coming from the left side and has just a little bit of a downhill.

But to me really sidearm or backhand, the key to getting that s-curve is hitting that sweet spot in the anhyzer shot with a overstable discs like these so it comes back. Basically practice, too much anny and it will never come back, too little and it hyzers out too quickly.

I always had problems with anny shots backhand and why I started to work on my sidearm for those shots and turns out I can get that s-curve a lot easier for me that way and I can get more snap and distance sidearm, sidearm is harder to get down though, it's fun when it starts paying offf though.

With the Force you have to anhyzer it almost to a full hard anhyzer and it will do one massive s-curve.

Hope this helps some, good luck. and most of all LET THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!!!
Assume this: Open football field, perfectly flat, my surge, avenger, flash, and even my one predator and flick will all go farther than my elite z and esp forces. This is what I can't seem to understand: The flick and the predator are more stable than the force....yet I can turn these over with enough effort on a calm day. The Force however has only really turned over for me once and that was downhill on a windy day......this is why I'm at a loss as to why the fastest disc Discraft claims to make goes seemingly nowhere for me in an open field-----unless I swing my arm out to form such an overcompensated hyzer, but even this does not compare to the distance of a hyzer with one of the other discs. I have three forces: two elite z and one esp....but they all behave the same for me.
I didnt like it at first. It just seemed to be way more overstable than just a 2. First one ended up in the lake. But once I got used to the wide rim and started throwing it more I love it. I cant get it as far as a Flash or a Surge but Im slowly getting the hang of it.
Oh and I prefer the Z over the ESP.
The forced replaces the TeeRex in my bag

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968