www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Here's the details - submit any and all words that are NEWLY CREATED WORDS to be included in a fun and ficticious book for all disc golfers, "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor". This will be an informative book that introduces and defines words specific to the game, resulting from the game and surrounding the game of disc golf, like the word DISCTIONARY itself. PLEASE, when submitting words include the word, the definition and an example of the word used in a sentence and MOST OF ALL make certain that all submissions are appropriate the the rules of the site. now for the disclaimer - anyone submitting a word to "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor" is allowing "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor" full and unobligated use of any submissions within "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor" the "Disctionary" group or any other usage by "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor". All submitters, by doing so are allowing "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor" full and unobligated permission to print, relay or convey that submission without any compensation to the submitter other than crediting the submission to their name, if that is the choice of the submitter. All submissions become property of "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor", "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor", "Disctionary", "Craig Prime", "michiganartist", "godiscn.com", "the-disc-tion-ary.com", "the-disc-tion-ary.net", "lil charlie bishop" and so on and so on and so on until you get tired of me telling you that I own any and all ficticious words that you post, once thay are posted and appear in print. SO LET'S START SUBMITTING ! have fun, think about what you submit and most of all, keep it appropriate for anyone to read. BE CREATIVE, IT"S FUN !

Views: 2

Replies to This Discussion

disclaimer (disc - claimer)- the legal jargon that specifies to all submitters and submissions to "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor" , "Disctionary", "disctionary.com", "Craig Prime", "michiganartist", "godiscn.com", "thedisctionary.com" or "lil charlie bishop" will be excempt from any payment or claims to any and all submitters submitting to"The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor".

EXAMPLE IN A SENTENCE - "and now for the disclaimer - to anyone submitting a word to "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor" is allowing "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor" full and unobligated use of any submissions within "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor" the "Disctionary" group or any other usage by "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor". All submitters, by doing so are allowing "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor" full and unobligated permission to print, relay or convey that submission without any compensation to the submitter other than crediting the submission to their name, if that is the choice of the submitter. All submissions become property of "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor", "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor", "Disctionary", "disctionary.com", "Craig Prime", "michiganartist", "godiscn.com", "thedisctionary.com", "lil charlie bishop" and so on and so on and so on until you get tired of me telling you that I own any and all ficticious words that you post, once thay are posted and appear in print."
discribing - (disc - cribing) the activity of using a Sharpie to place identifying marks on the disc used in the game of disc golf.

EXAMPLE IN A SENTECE - "Because I had no time for discribing, everything in my bag is just as purchased. The problem, I lost a disc in the woods and now the finder won't be able to disctinguish who the owner is." (disctinguish- see "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor" for the definition)
disctinguish - (disc-ting-guish) - in the game of disc golf, the ability to determine ownership of found discs, an ability that is specifically made possible from the owners previous and intelligent activity of discribing.

EXAMPLE IN A SENTENCE - "Since the disc had been discribed, I was able to disctinguish".
discount - (disc - count) what a disc golfer often does to assure that they have not left a disc behind somewhere in the fairway or woods and that they indeed have the number of dics's in the bag that started with.

EXAMPLE IN A SENTENCE - "Gimme another coupla minutes, Bert. I need to do a discount."
Parfect-(par-fect) A round of disc golf that contains no bogies or birdies, or any other scores except pars. This score may be poor or excellent depending on the course played.

Example in a sentence- " I shot a parfect round yesterday, but it was only Burke Lake so I'm not too excited about it."
discussion - (disc - cussion) - the conversation among disc golfers after a completed round of disc golf, a conversation that always starts with the words "you should have seen" and most often involves many participants talking at once.

EXAMPLE IN A SENTENCE - With all 120 players finishing the tournament at nearly the same time, the discussion became so loud that the police arrived in answer to a public disturbance complaint.
smackdoodled - (smack - doo -doled) in the game of disc golf the phenomenon of a well thrown disc that is beautifully following the intended path but then at the very moment another players yells "great throw" that same well thrown disc hits a tree.
EXAMPLE IN A SENTENCE - O.K. wise guy, that's three smackdoodled shots in a row. How about keeping quiet until my throw comes to rest.
discgust - (disc - gust) - the low-down , sorrowful emotional state achieved nearly every time I go out and attempt to play a good round of disc golf, especially at the courses full of trees, ponds, rivers and other disc-destroying hazards.

EXAMPLE IN A SENTENCE - My round today of 83 was discgusting. It seems that if it weren't for discgust, I'd have no emotional reaction from the game known as disc golf. Except, of course, that one time I got the hole in one after I smackdoodled the tree in front of the basket.
disconnected - (disc - ca - neck -ted) - In the game of disc golf, the state of euphoria obtained by becoming or thinking that you've become one with your disc.

EXAMPLE IN A SENTENCE - I was so damned disconnected that I made seven, fifty foot putts in a row. I love my old putter and you know, if I could get so disconnected with all my other discs, I'd turn pro.
godiscn - (go - disc -en) What disc golfers do whenever they happen to have any free time. The activity of disc golfing where a player throws a steamlined, fast flying disc at a chain basket. Normally, to godiscn the player would need to complete one or more rounds of a minimum 18 holes. When spelled with capitals, GODISCN is used to describe a specific type of tournament play.

EXAMPLE IN A SENTENCE - I enjoy going discn with friends but always score better when I godiscn by myself.
DISCtraction- (dis-traction) Male gender - What happens when out of the corner of your eye Cindy Crawford walks past the basket and you miss the putt. Female Gender - What happens when out of the corner of your eye Brad Pitt walks past the basket and you miss the putt.

EXAMPLE IN A SENTENCE - Damn it Cindy I told you not to walk by while I am putting...you're a DISC-traction!
disclosure - dis - klo - zher - the calm emotional state achieved when the final realization of being lost forever solidifies itself in the mind of a disc golfer after that disc golfer looses his or her favorite disc and accepts the fact that the disc is gone forever and may very well never will be thrown by that players hand again, while all the time knowing that someone else is most likely throwing their newly found disc. The process of disclosure is known to take up to two years. Players often attempt proactive remedies by the practice of discribing.

EXAMPLE IN A SENTENCE - The only disc that I ever aced with went into the woods and I never did find it. Now after four years I still haven't realized disclosure.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968