www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

1) Eat a large meal. Really make sure you overconsume.

2) Drink lots of beer before, during, and after step 1. Bonus points for getting into a one man drinking competition just before you head to the park.

3) Go to the disc golf park. At this point your belly should feel so full that you are welcoming the prospect of explosive release from both ends.

4) Drive the disc as hard as you can repeatedly. This should be easy if you were enthusiastic during step 2.

5) At some point, due to a combination of your abs and other core muscles stretched as far as they can go around your distended belly, one nice rip with a good twisting follow thru will pull muscles in your torso.

6) Thankfully, due to the wondrous powers of beer and not wanting to look like a pussy, you will ignore this sharp pain and keep throwing thru the pain, aggravating the pulled muscles in your core. When you lose your favorite disc, it is time to give up.

That's it! The next day you will feel like someone stuck a shank in your ribs if you twist just right, and the day after all of your abs on that side will begin to ache every time you move! If you did it right, it will even hurt when you walk!

Next episode: Sustaining an injury by refusing to stop playing while injured.

Views: 1

Replies to This Discussion

I expect an update after tonight!
I can give you an update right now...

IT !@#$ING HURTS!!

Kim talked to a PT she works with, most likely a pulled "interior oblique". Happens to tennis players with over extension on backhand shots. She read a paper in a medical journal that describes the injury and the cause is a motion exactly like throwing a disc (or a tennis backhand stroke).

Today it has turned into a feeling like I got punched really hard on the inside of my ribcage.
wow that sux like whoa duder
i feel bad for you but why do i just want to laugh
Because laughing at the dumbass is a natural reaction =)

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968