www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Your dog been there?
Use a leash?
Is you or your dog courteous?
The poop thing?

Views: 4

Replies to This Discussion

Sita goes to the course. Finishes her bomb run before we start. We have a leash in case a big dog is running, or if theman is around,, which is never here in Hawaii.
Retreives a tennis ball I carry to knock down tree shots.
I will add photo of laeah (laya) later but yes she comes with me on casual rounds.. I allways bring her leash just to ease the minds of other people, she weights around 105 and looks kinda mean when shes sizeing you up. Poo bags are allways in the bag. Accually most of the courses in michigan have poo bag despensors in the parking lots. She'll never chase a disc but balls and sticks beware.. Other then that she finds the ocassional treat on the course, The other day she found a dead skunk and decided that it was a good lunch idea.(I had to pull it out of her mouth...GROSS!!) or chases the white tail deer she finds till they run off.. allways hunting "it". what ever and whare ever "it" is...
I bring my big dog out too. His name is Hyzer and he's a great dane, about 115 lbs. he's always on leash because our course is pretty crowded. He also carries my discs in his backpack, so i need him to stay close. He has no interest whatsoever in discs, unless they contain food or water. But the squirrels drive him crazy, well, as crazy as a mellow great dane can be.

I bring my dog once or twice a week-she's tiny and gets pooped out for the rest of the day. She is trained to only poop in the woods, and never where people walk-she knows the behind-the-three routine-so bags are not a requirement for her, if you could find her peanut-sized stuff anyway. She responds well to 'come', so a leash is not required unless there are other dogs. Are we courteous? She's too little to tear anything up or kill anything, and I carry trash bags. So, yeah, I guess we are. We play at sunrise, so there's not usually anyone else around.
my dogs are fortunate to live on the local course.lol. as for getting out . well not to much unless they dig out! I do get to play with Lucy. my Bros dog.

LOVE TO BRING MY GIRL, MISCHIEF, ALONG WITH ME TO THE COURSE. JUST GOT A NEW BOY, TROUBLE,THIS SUMMER; BUT HE'S JUST A LITTLE TO YOUNG YET TO GO. YOU KNOW, DOESN'T QUITE KNOW HOW TO LISTEN YET. EITHER WAY, IF YOU BRING THE DOGS, YOU HAVE TO BE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS AND MAKE SURE YOU PICK UP AFTER THEM. I KNOW I WOULDN'T LIKE TO STEP IN DOG POOP AND I WOULD SURE FEEL BAD IF SOMEONE ELSE DID, DOG OR NOT....
CHECK OUT MY STUFF AND YOU'LL SEE A COUPLE PICKS OF MISCHIEF AND TROUBLE AND A SMALL VIDEO OF ME. BE GOOD AND BE CLEAN...
It's hard to take them with me and still be able to throw well. The park near my house does not allow dogs anyway. Training the little fella would definitely help. He's getting there. Very, very slowly. :)
hazle is almost always at the course with me. she freaks out if she catches me with my bag trying to get away, so i take her. she is a choc. lab. she thinks her job is to carry whatever disc i give her( just in case i need to throw a roller for her). she stays by my side unless i tell her to do something like getting my discs out of the creek. she pays no mind to other dogs at all. she has retrieved who knows how many peoples discs from the water and from briar patches. sorry guys, and gals, but she gets my vote for best disc golf doggie ever!

Photobucket
I bring both dogs and tie them to my bag. Unfortunately the cattledog still can't control himself when I drive so sometimes my bag takes a dive. But I'm working on that. Our parks generally require dogs to be leashed, so I keep them on it. Plus squirrels are far more interesting than me throwing discs. I always have lots of poop bags in my bag, plus some parks provide them. Stoop and scoop...do the right thing!

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968