www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm really thinking about making the drive up from Texas this year. I've never played this event, so I may need some help convincing. Anybody have some stories to tell about previous years that'd help?

Views: 3

Replies to This Discussion

I'm flying out from Chattanooga for it! Its a DD tourney so you know BIG TIME added cash. Party after wards. And more....but I have to go win a tourney tommorow. St
There are many stories!

There was a Crazy Hippie last year who ran around the motel with a basket over his shoulder while everyone threw discs at him.

I had about a 110 foot mini ace a few years ago at the motel.

There are many other GBO stories.

The most important reason to come is that Rusco is a []D [] []M[] []D so you know that is is going to be sick. This will be his fist attempt at an A-tier event and you know he will do a great job! There are 2 great courses in the same park, so you will never have to leave. I hope this thing is so big, that we spill over into the third course in town and have to leave Jones Park.

You will love it when you make it. Bring a car load of Texans and get your butt up here.
Rusco

Let the cat out of the bag on some of the good things that are going to go down at the GBO!

Basket, Dynamic Skinz, Lunch in the park,

Get this thing rolling!
Man What an event. I hope the people out there in Emporia know how much fun we had and how much respect we have for all of them. Just to start off its a great DD tourney and the courses are tough and AWESOME. A great design by our very own Eric Mccabe. It was such a tough layout that Barry Shultz ended up finishing fourth. Add to that the awesome Skinz match and even the ACE throw off. Both of which were run by Chris"Smitty"Smith which made the whole event as fun and exciting as it was. Unfortunately, Liz Lopez was the only Team DD player to bring home one of those Sweet Glass Blown Trophies there were good showings all over. She and partner Ron Convers Jr took home the Lions share of the prize money in the DD Skinz match. Eric McCabe finished just 3 strokes behind Ron Convers Jr.and eventual winner David Hemmeline. Chris "Smitty Smith" finished with a hot last round -3 to move back into 8th. Jake Newell who also ran the basket throw off had another strong finish tied for 10th. Chris Wiggins who is a future superstar and just as super awesome dude who painted 70 ,10 meter circles for the tourney finished a real solid 13th. Guess that good Karma paid off. Other Notables Brendan Hickman 14th and Greg Schwartz finished just out of the cash in 20th.
In advanced Jeremy Rusco opened up with a real Hot 49 and was leading after the first day but unfortunately lady luck wasn't on his side as he finished just one stroke behind the eventual winner..
In Intermediate, I, Shan Trotter had solid tournament cashing in 11th. I felt like I had solid play all through out the tourney just several costly OBs just took me out of any chance at my Glass ware. For my first crack at those courses I was pleased though especially since I am more used to shorter, tighter, and more technical. I loved the learning experience and realize now why there are a lot of the top players in the Game from right around the same area in the great middest. \Bangrr\ Bob Hardister finished just out of the cash in 23rd.
In Intermediate Women Cilecia Trottter brings home another Win moving her up to 3 on the Year. The Atlanta Open, The Grapevine Classic, and The Dynamic Discs Glass Blown Open. All in all it was a great tournament and I was excited to be a part of it. I met so many great players and people and think we made some new great friends for life. I am sure there was some people I left out with other good finishes well update it and let me know!!!

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968