3 126 The Memorial presented by Discraft 06-Mar to 08-Mar-2008 189 $500
3 36 St. Patrick's Classic 29-Mar to 30-Mar-2008 201 $130
2 36 13th Texas State Championships 05-Apr to 06-Apr-2008 205 $340
10 30 Bowling Green Open 12-Apr to 13-Apr-2008 241
1 Dynamic Discs Glass Blown Open Sat-Sun, Apr 26-27, 2008 $255

In The Disc Golf Bag: Drivers

FLX Avenger SS
(max wt)
I love the Avenger SS in FLX plastic! The plastic is super durable and lasts a long time. I use this disc mainly in the woods because it flies so straight, which makes hitting those lines a whole lot easier. Even if I am having an off day and hit every tree along the way, it does not alter the way the disc flies and I love that.
Z and ESP Flash
(174 g) ESP Flash is definitely my number one distance driver. The first time I threw it instantly added at least 50-60 feet to my drive! I was way impressed. It is really good for backhand drives as well as turnover shots. The Z Flash has the same great effect as the ESP version, only a little more overstable. I love the way the Z plastic feels in my hand. I use it for backhand drives and 'S' shots.
ESP XL
(171 g)
The ESP XL is great for tight shots! I bust this baby out whenever I am out playing a wooded course with tight gaps. I also love it as a turnover disc. It can hold its line a long time before coming out.
ESP Surge
(172 - 174)
Hyzers! I absolutely LOVE the ESP Surge! I use it for long, controlled hyzer shots. This is a bomber for sure! I also carry a lighter, flippier Surge that I throw for turnovers and 'S' shots.
ESP Tracker
(max wt) I love the ESP Tracker because it is so easy for me to control. This disc does pretty much whatever I need it to. I use it for straight shots, hyzers, and anhyzers! This disc can do it all.
ESP Crush
(174 g) Wind disc! It is my go-to backhand wind disc for sure. I feel confident throwing it in ALL wind conditions. It has awesome speed and I get great distance out of it. I also use the ESP crush for skip shots.
ESP Predator
(173 g)
The name says it all, this disc is an animal! The most overstable disc in my bag. I use it for tight, controlled hyzers and skip shots. Also makes a great headwind disc.

In The Disc Golf Bag: Midrange

Z Buzzz
(174 g) No disc golfer is complete without one of these in the bag! The Buzzz is hands-down the best midrange disc out there. It's so controllable and holds any line you put it on. A great straight flyer that I pull out time and time again.
ESP Wasp
(177 g) The Z Wasp has become my favorite midrange. It is overstable and gives me that extra glide I need for longer upshots. The plastic feels good in my hands and I trust it in any wind.

In The Disc Golf Bag: Putt and Approach

D Challenger
(174 g) Love the way it slams chains! The D Challenger is what ties my game together. I use it for short up shots as well as my main putter. Feels great in my hand and gives me the confidence I need to put together a good round.

MEMORABLE DISC GOLF MOMENTs
One day Eric McCabe and I were on our way to play a new course and I was telling him how overdue for an ace I was. So we play a few holes and then I step up to the tee box and say, 'I'm so gonna ace this hole', and seconds later CHING!!!! It was so awesome.

Liz's Disc Golf Tips
If you're a newer player, ask someone to show you the cross step or teach yourself by watching some videos. It's really helpful with adding power and distance to your drive. If you're having problems with high releases, the cross step may help with that problem too.

The way you grip a disc has a lot to do with how far your disc will go. Determining the right grip with the right shot is very important as well. I would suggest playing around with different grips to see which one fits best for you.

Don't hesitate to experiment with new discs. I used to have such a closed mind about trying new discs because I felt like the ones I had were all I needed. Wrong!! Once I opened up my mind and started trying new discs I discovered a whole new player! Discs are being changed and upgraded for the future of disc golf and I think it is important that we take advantage of new technologies.

Tags: Discraft, Discs, Dynamic, Liz, Lopez

Views: 4

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968