www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I know it's not m my league anymore...but this type of things makes proud! Great job Rob, it's cool to have even been part of such a fun league.

...now how about change the time, so I can come try and play! There are at least 20 people out there who don't even know who came up with this crazy "Beginner league" idea. I WANT TO PLAY TOO!!!

Views: 9

Replies to This Discussion

Part of it nothing! You're the man, no one can replace the founder.

You should have heard the whining this week because we finished way after dark. People kept showing up, so we didn't get started until 5:30 and that pushed the finish back. We'll move back to 5:30 as soon as possible and then back to 6:00 when we can. I'm thinking you should take this back over in the summer and I'll be the winter guy and you can be the summer guy.
Rob, I would love NOTHING more than go back out and take over. But I travel more now than ever. I am gone more than I am home. You are going to have to pass the reins. There must be someone in the group that can take over...that's how these leagues work! You have run things for way more than your fair share...pass it off.
Just as a quick aside from a "crazy beginner" -

I never heard that Emerald was a beginner league, just "Beginner friendly" (which it totally was for me on Monday). I think that is a big deal. Think about golf (you know, the sport with the ball and the club)... people suck. They whine they complain; they are down right rude. You can't ever learn to play because if you go to the course (or even the driving range half of the time) you are in somebody's way, or in someone's sand, or taking too much time, or ruining their wind, or taking away from their buzz.... I am being facetious, but you get the point. The really cool thing, I think as a beginner, is that Disc Golf is not like that. We have been treated super cool at the courses. Karla and I have been to four in Phoenix and one in Pinetop. People have always been willing to help, super friendly and way interested in just helping somebody learn a really cool sport. We love it.

So.... I can understand people who just fire it all the way to the pin every drive being frustrated with us... but keep the "beginner friendly" side anyway. That is what got us to love the game so much. Just don't get like the ball boys... because I have no interest to ever hang around a lawn where those people are ever.

Just my two cents.... sorry to ramble.
Beginner league...beginner friendly. Toe'may'to, toe'ma'to. EVERYONE IS WELCOME!

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968