www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Thank you to the following people who contributed to another great work party at Dexter today:

Erik "Buck" Smith
Rebecca Duffy
Gene Fackler
Paul Mize
Warren Hench
Denny Borski
Dan Lucachick
Skipper Hamilton
Ryan Cole
Jason Turner
Mark Scheid
Ben VanDusen
Sarah VanDusen
Jesse Grasseth

Almost all the scotch broom was removed along the road to 15 and all the broom removed so far was hauled to the State Parks facility burn pile. Gravel work was done on 6,7,10,16,17. Bark mulch work was done on 7,9,10,16. Some tree limbs hanging on the teepad for 17 were trimmed, the walkout from 16-17 was delineated to one path, and other various tasks were accomplished by this hard-working crew.

The work party scheduled for Thursday June 18th has been postponed and will be re-scheduled. The State Parks ranger we are working with is on vacation and we need to meet with him about the work he wants done on the steps before we tackle that project. The course is looking great, and we will be having regular work parties the rest of the summer and leading up to the Eugene Celebration so stay tuned!

The State Parks staff is extremely happy and impressed with the work being done at Dexter by the EDGC and other volunteers at the work parties. They have been getting calls from people supporting the work and asking how they can help - so I'd say raising the alarm about course vandalism and considering the removal of the baskets has turned out to be a good thing after all is said and done.

There will always be naysayers, there will always be litterbugs, there will always be vandals writing on tee signs and damaging trees, but when we stay positive and pull together as a community we can accomplish great things!

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

bad. ass. again, i wish i could have been there. i can't wait to go out and see all the hard work accomplished.
THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~!
This is awesome! I love the support we all are giving the course!
Wow, brilliant work being done. Great job everyone!

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968