www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Thank you to the following people who contributed to a kick ass work party at Dexter today:

Rebecca Duffy
Gene Fackler
Jim Johnson
Jesse Grasseth
David Errington
Ben VanDusen
Ben's wife Sarah (who doesn't even play disc golf, I think)
Marx Ramirez
Marx's friend and Marx's daughter (sorry I didn't catch the names)
Kevin Maloney
Jory
Kevin and Jory's friend whose name I also didn't catch
Jason Turner
Mark Scheid
Zach
Tom Chrestman and his weed whacker
At least one other guy whose name I don't know

Sorry if I forgot someone, I am going from memory. We got all the scotch broom along 18's fairway removed, half of the broom along the road to 15 removed. A great gravel walkway from 15's tee, gravel on 6's walkway, mulch around several pins, and some more gravel and mulch work that I did not see. Probably some more stuff too. Tom weed whacked his way around the whole course. Great job everyone!

Next work party Monday June 15th. We did get final permission from the State Parks dept. to pull the baskets, and they support the idea. However, it appears the baskets will be staying in. There was some miscommunication and some wild speculation involved in this whole thing, and hopefully we can accomplish good things without the more drastic steps. Everything's cool, Dexter is getting some attention, and the State parks boss is very impressed and very happy with the time and materials the EDGC is bringing to the park.

See all you Dexter regulars Monday June 15th, and Thursday June 18th at 4 pm for the next two work parties.

Edit/Delete Message

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

wow! sounds fantastic! sorry i couldn't make it, i had to work tonight. hopefully i can make the others but i can't guaranty it as i now wait tables in the pm for the rest of the summer on weekdays.
absolutely a fantastic job though everyone... it's course love like this that strengthens our community of disc golfers...
Actually, Will, you were there (sort of). Money you raised at the Inversion bought a bunch of gravel and bark.

A whole bunch!

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968