www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Any picks of what they look like? Will they work with an older bag? What is the difference from the way the older bags were done and the new?

Views: 45

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, John.

The Disc-Hugger is very similar to the old frames, but there have been some changes. Still wanting to keep it all as light as possible, the new frame features Velcro the entire length of the frame where it attaches to the inside of the bag. The old frame can come loose on the back at times and slips down into bag. Not a big deal, but pissed me off. Then, to keep the bag open from side to side and to HUG the discs, I added 1 ounce of fiberglass rods inside the large rectangle. The weight of the bag pulls them close together and hugs the discs. When you pull a disc out or push it into the bag, there is a slight 'snap' along these rods.

It just improved the bag by leaps and bounds.

Will it fit the old bags, yes, but the old bags lack the full length of Velcro to hold the frame in place so it could come loose. I will get pictures up on the site next week.

Fademan
I am possibly interested in getting a new Disc hugger. I haven't had a problem with the old one coming loose, I could always use sticky sided velcro if needed. I like to have the latest and greatest, but the next bag purchase will be a crunch box. This might be a cool way to upgrade my bag without the bucks of a new one.
Can the disc hugger be bought as an after market product?

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968