www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Just a reminder leagues will be starting in early April most probably April 6th at 5:30 ,weather permitting.  I will be posting signs around the course and plan to do a cleanup if necessary prior to that as we get a little closer. If anyones has been playing and has any concerns about course conditions/vandalism anything I might not be aware of let Brandon or I know.

We have toyed with the idea of additional nights and or different formats, but for the time being Tuesday nights will be as they always were, singles competition with tracked stats for end of year events. However I would not be opposed to a second nightly league with a different format, whether that be match play, doubles, team doubles,  or combination of any of these whatever the case may be.

I am going to change how we work CTP this year.  In an effort to shake things up a little, I am going to look at CTP as more of a skills challenge. It will not be a free event.  More than likely an additional fee will enter you in each event, there will sometimes be a nightly prize.  There will be standard stand here and throw at that pin and the closest wins type nights. But there may be some nights that involve something more like a putting challenge, or shot shaping, long drive, particular throwing style,  etc.  My plan is to track not just the winner but 1st through 3rd and apply a scale points system to those places, track those stats and have a yearly skills champion.  There will be a larger prize for that person at the end of the year. It may be a basket it may be a disc package, it will depend as always on your participation. You will need to be a member to participate, and since we will start that from league night 1 you will want to be current right away.

Brandon has let me know league dues will be $15, we will have new nicer bag tags this year and we are looking at added value to be a member. I would like to offer a couple of incentives in addition to what might come as a members pack when you sign up.  First I will offer $5 funny money  for anyone producing a new member.  Second I will offer a $1 per disc discount to anyone who is a member and presents their bag tag at purchase of new product.  Hopefully that will be incentive to grow the club, and grab some members who maybe just want to participtate infrequently, but buy some discs at the shop. 

Any questions you may contact me here or at the shop.  I welcome any suggestions for the skills challenge as well.

Views: 0

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968