www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

SOON TO BE EIGHTEEN.
I have been working with the city for a couple months and we are almost ready to order the baskets for the back nine holes. Special thank you to Jacob Zuniga with the city for all of his efforts.
Update: I am waiting for the last two checks to come in for donations, which will be the last 700.00, and the final approval by the utility dept is expected before Friday.
This means work could start in a week or so and be finished in amonth or so.
Join me in saying thank you to any and all city employees when you see them, they made this possible.

Views: 5

Replies to This Discussion

Wednesday Night Draw Doubles Ace Pot is currently at 137.00
random draw start time is 6:30pm
Update: all donations have been turned over to the city, the city funds will be transferred in a few days into the same account and baskets, tee signs, etc. will be ordered
all city departments have signed off for work to start
we are going to use Mach III baskets to keep the course the same
the course should be completed in a month or so
more updates to follow...
today at around 10:30am I recieved a call from a friend with the city of Weatherford, it seems he was following a work truck that was pulling a tractor with an auger, he is part of the work crew that started digging holes and planting the sleeves for the new baskets
the baskets and locks are in storage so once the anchors are set in a few days and the tee poles are set, the baskets will be locked into place
however, the new tee signs will take a few more weeks to appear on the poles and the map will be linked to the course directory about the same time, or you can find it on the city's websitethe tee boxes will be the last to get installed and NO, they will not be cement so you can complain to me directly if it'll make you feel any better
we have decided to go with a crushed limestone for one main reason, to leave as little impact on the landscape as possible
I made that decision in a meeting with the city and I don't regret it as this park is host to many forms of wildlife, deer, turkey, owls, hawks etc. and we as disc golfers should remember we are visitors to their home
one final note, if you choose to come play, please adhere to a few simple requests, yield the right of way to the parks neighbors as many of them walk dogs here, please throw away your trash in the proper recepticles as there are plenty of trash cans in the park and it already has been mentioned that disc golfers throw their garbage on the ground
in short, please be respectful of persons and animals that call this home, please leave no footprint
from me and the Weatherford disc golfers, Thank You
oh, it's a many spledid thang, the Weatherford course was changed to a full eighteen holes last night as we put the new nine holes in the ground, and it only took us a whoppin three hours
ten Mach III baskets - 3890.00
locks for anchors - provided by the city
12pk Bud Light - 10.49
five friends - nothing but a lil labor of love
eighteen holes at Weatherford - Priceless
Me and my buds are heading out there tomorrow and friday.I can't seem to find the map your talking about.Can you link me to it?
there is an info tube on the back of the kiosk with maps in it for now
there is no link at present due to the PDGA's website being revised
you might check on the city's website or call the parks dept
Oh ok I thought you meant online.
quote: the new tee signs will take a few more weeks to appear on the poles and the map will be linked to the course directory about the same time, or you can find it on the city's website

it will eventually be linked to the course directory on the PDGA site as well as the City of Weatherford site but that'll take a few weeks as they have to be GPS'd etc
I made this very rough map after playing 30 holes today(18new12old).Great holes,really makes the course complete.

Free Image Hosting at <a rel=nofollow rel=www.ImageShack.us"/>

QuickPost Quickpost this image to Myspace, Digg, Facebook, and others!
I think I got it right.Tell me if I got the route wrong.
Sorry maybe this will work.
Attachments:
yeah, you got it down like charlie brown, what did you think of it?

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968