www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

this seems counter productive, and a little back-stabbish?!?!?!? im sure there is a good reason?

Views: 1

Replies to This Discussion

i could understand if it was 40 miles away, with all the dg'ers in dfw, but these are really close together
I will take all the responsibility for the current mini time. It has everything to do with the availability of our volunteers to work the mini and nothing at all about back-stabbing. I made the final decision so it is my responsibility.

The club charter is to promote and expand disc golf in North Texas. I am greatly ashamed that members of the club may believe the leadership would make decisions on the basis of back-stabbing. If that is how the members feel the club is being directed then I have failed as its leader and should resign. This is the first I have heard of this issue and it concerns me greatly.
It was my understanding that the ZBoaz mini wasn't really getting a showing anymore and at times didn't even occur. It is kind of hard to work around something that is not consistent. I guess those reports were wrong?
It is bound to happen sooner or latter I think this is why they run leagues up north becuase after a while you dont have enough time on the weekend to run a mini at every park with out some overlap? I propose a sunrise mini I am down to help run it saturday morning or sunday morning at 7 am start or before:)
As we all know you cant believe everything you hear ... especially from a bunch of misinformed disc golfers.The mni at Z Boaz has been going on for years(maybe not all that consistantly...at times)but it has been going on.With a new course in the ground and people being excited about it rumors will fly.Ive heard the same crap and its coming from people that dont have anything to do with whether Z Boaz is run on Sunday or not.Either show up at 3 pm on Sunday or dont.Thats your choice.As far as when people can help with Gateway I guess Sunday at 3 pm is as good as any other time.Im sure that Mr Brownlow was not going out of his way to undermine whats been happening at Z Boaz.If I want to know if there is a mini going on I normally make a phone call and ask the people responsible for running it.Simple enough.Believe what you want when it comes to rumors or just simply ask what is really going on.
This was my concern when trying to decide what day and time to run the Weatherford mini. Yes, it is a little further from the rest of the courses and in the end, it was going to conflict with one of the current minis. I thought long and hard as I'm sure Michael did, in the end I settled on what the majority of the local golfers (out there) wanted. I know it conflicts with Crowley and I'm glad Brice moved his back to noon.
With that being said, please feel free to moving Gateway to the Saturday 9am slot if need be. I can always return the Weatherford mini to it's old Wednesday night time slot.
Oh, and I'm not sure Michael even owns a knife, well maybe a butter knife, lol.
ok michael, back-stabbish was the wrong thing to say. sorry. i think you do a great job with the club and i trust you completely. thank you and everybody else that keeps this thing running. i love that another course is in the ground, but my home is at the z. i cant imagine going to gateway to play a mini when one is going on at my home at the very same time. im sure it will work out. once again, i am sorry about my derogatory post
also i cant spell or use correct punctuation.
Hey goose,

No hard feelings I was just caught off guard and I admit, like I did in the club email, that we should probably have worked together with the Z boaz TD's more on the time. I've already got some recommendations for better times and I believe we can work something out.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968