www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I guess that Geezers says it all. 2 dozen members, and not even one posting until now. It takes me a while longer to get warmed up than it used to, but let's get this thing rolling. Our opportunity to band together to conquer the kids will prove to be motivation enough to... oh, to hell with it, I'm going to take a nap.

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

I played in adv. masters the last 2 years and noticed the grand masters scored better. Kind of like the saying "you're not getting older you're getting better". I just turned 50 and not sure if I want to move up to get my butt kicked, plus I have 1 more person to beat to feel that I have beaten all my competition in this division (at least locally). I guess I don't want to face the fact I'm an old fart, but when I get on the course I feel like a kid again (after I put on all my braces and the advil kicks in).
I qualify for GM status this year as well. It's too cold and snowy at the moment to give much thought to which division I might try to play in this season. I'd like to think I can still hold my own with the 40-year-olds at 50. (I'm a "young" 50, and still get carded every once in a while when I'm buying beer.)
hey now,wait until they start calling you "Sir".Then you question your age,haScott Aikens said:
I qualify for GM status this year as well. It's too cold and snowy at the moment to give much thought to which division I might try to play in this season. I'd like to think I can still hold my own with the 40-year-olds at 50. (I'm a "young" 50, and still get carded every once in a while when I'm buying beer.)
I am a Senior Grand Master (playing 1.5 years) and find it very hard to find Geezers like myself to hang out with on the course. The youngest person to my age (61) is 54. The next is 41.
I am finding it hard to find my nitch in tournament play. Recreational or Grandmaster, Senior Grandmaster? The younger players I play with are pretty darn good, so I have alot of great competition.
I am a Y member so I go to the gym 3 times per week to keep up. As far as my disc golf experience's I just enjoy being out on the course playing, looking at the scenery and honing my skills (which are few at this point). My game needs distance and putting to improve myself.
Oh BTW...I also volunteer where and when I can for the sake of disc golf. Like helping to keep tee pads clear of snow in winter and helping out with new designs in summer. Hope all this helps.
K.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968