www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

If I held a 50+ weekend in the heart of texas would you come? I have an anti-sandbagger format I've proposed to our ball golf assoc. It involves one round of singles and one round of doubles. Your place in singles would match you with the appropiate player to insure even teams as much as possible. Some money would be given for singles then the rest for doubles. Non pdga, everyone can come away with money if you deserve it. I've won money in ball golf and I'm still an amateur. I live in Brady a retirement community. The town is anxiously waiting for me to finish making the baskets and install the course(2 weeks to go). I guess I'm just a mavarick, but I think the pdga has been broken for years. Cycling was much better organized than the pdga. If some of you pros are unsure I'll schedule it nearest the national doubles so you can have more reason to come to Texas. What do you think?

Views: 0

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Would this be "Pro Level Only"?? I've got family in TX. so if it's got an AM level in it, I might just want to try to make it part of a "family vist"! LOL, I'm just barely a AM Rec. level player but I'd be willing to be the "doormat" for the 50+ er's. Sounds like FUN!

Take care, have FUN, Throw Plastic!
B.J. (bogeyman) Ondo
Colorado Springs, CO.
I want pros to come and teach as well as compete. I know I have to provide incentive to get them here. There would be no pdga points to earn so I have to replace that with something. In ball golf scramble formats are very popular. Teams are done at our local course with a,b,c,and d players on each team. One of my ideas is to set teams based on a round of singles that pays enough cash to keep the play honest. Then a round of team scramble-best shot. You would play with 3 players of differing abilities, with a pro on each team. Great opportunity to see how a pro plays. I will have no trouble getting sponsors as I have already raised 5000 to put in the course.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968